Sarth, Daeds, & Starling **5/28 First Camping Trip Pics!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would post some pics of Sarth...even though he hasn't been eating very well the past month he still finds every opportunity to be cute! I think I might just keep adding pics to this thread along with my blog, we will see!

The most recent ones are at the top.

I thought this was adorable...he was kind of lounging against the glass, looking at me like "what?!"
P1010416.jpg

Just trying out a close-up of his face...it's hard to get good pics during the weekdays when the sun is going down by the time I get home
P1010415.jpg

Scoping out his rearranged tank
P1010413.jpg

Morning stretches, as usual :)
P1010408.jpg

Him looking *really* grumpy sitting in the sun on the back of our recliner. And I put his tail like that, lol
P1010403.jpg

My husband took this :roll:
P1010399.jpg

A rare shot of him actually eating his salad
P1010397.jpg

Watching Glee with me!
4f7abf91.jpg

He loves to explore the coffee table, not sure why
802855e6.jpg

I did not put him like this, lol. I should have entered it in this months photo competition!
P1010388.jpg

Him still being really mad from the vet's visit the night before. He looked so hilarious, all puffed up with the black beard. I started petting him and he deflated while managing to look confused.
grumpy.jpg

Just looking cute. This was right around when he stopped eating about a month ago.
P1010334.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":1944qk4b said:
My husband and I enjoyed the video. We are glad to see Scully on the video. Minnesota is pretty. I don't think I'd like to live there because of the severe cold in the winter, also I assume it's a lot more humid in the summer than we have here, even in the monsoon season.
Yea if cold winters aren't your thing this definitely isn't the state to live in! Fortunately they don't bother me too much. As far as humidity we actually don't get too many days that are bad, but compared to AZ we are probably much more humid all around!

As far as my leg, not much to say about that unfortunately :/ The doc said unless the pain is radiating into my back or down my entire leg it's probably not anything serious. She probed the area where I have the issues and didn't feel anything worrying. It could also be "meralgia paresthetica" which is literally just a numbness and tingling pain in the outer part of your thigh. Besides trauma to the area though, none of the causes would apply to me (obese, pregnant). If that *is* what it is, besides OTC pain meds there really isn't any treatment. Doc prescribed me muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory meds. I took a muscle relaxer when I got home and it actually seemed to help, even though it made me conk out about an hour earlier than our usual bedtime! But around 5am the burning in my leg actually woke me up :( So I'll have to take it a couple hours later next time.

Anyway, new camera gets here today, woo! Got one of my lenses yesterday, the other should get here with the camera, and I'm going to sell the lens it comes with to make back some of the $. Dinner with the in-laws tonight though so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to play with it until the weekend.
On the fun side, Nate is marrying our friends at their wedding on Saturday! They are just doing an easy no-ceremony thing, so we're showing up an hour before the reception to take care of that. Maybe we'll get lucky and the rain will skip us!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well that's a drag about your leg, the pain waking you up, I mean. You should take the muscle relaxers before bed, that might help for in the am, they do tend to make you conk out.

Have a fun at the wedding and hopefully there won't be any rain!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Last night I took the muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory about an hour before bed. I still got the tingly sensation when I was getting to sleep, not very painful, but woke up without pain this morning, so that's a bonus. I'm going to do some experimenting and use nothing tonight, then try just the ant-inflammatory tomorrow, then the muscle relaxer and Sunday (all before bed) and see which one seems to be the most effective.

Got my camera yesterday! We had to head straight off to Nate's parents for dinner though, so I brought it with and did some test pics and read through the manual. I didn't get any good shots until we got home, so I'll share those here. The 1.8 prime lens takes some amazing pics! The lizards were all asleep so I'll be getting them outside today and trying out the telephoto lens (gorgeous sunny day today!)
DSC_0021_zpsghypa9me.jpg

DSC_0019_zpslmylzs1l.jpg

DSC_0025_zpsis6mlfcf.jpg

DSC_0026_zpswivyklvo.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Great pictures, Jen. I think you're going to find the muscle relaxant with the antiinflammatory will work the best. Let me know if I'm right!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3nugdfcl said:
Great pictures, Jen. I think you're going to find the muscle relaxant with the antiinflammatory will work the best. Let me know if I'm right!
Unfortunately I don't think the anti-inflammatory does anything besides make me wake up feeling nauseous! That's happened both times I've taken it (one with the relaxer, one by itself). At some point in the wee hours of the morning I just wake up feeling sick - then it passes and I can go back to sleep. But ick! My leg was bothering me quite a bit on Saturday while we were at a wedding, but yesterday it was fine pretty much all day. Very annoying, I'm thinking it must be that condition I mentioned earlier, so not really a lot I can do about it :( I think I will stop taking the muscle relaxers too since those don't seem to do anything for the tingling.

Ok so are you ready for pics! :mrgreen: I spent a lot of time outside last week with the telephoto lens. Got some great shots of everyone!

Daedalus, doing what she does best (running around and eating all the things):
DSC_0040_zpswibjgazy.jpg

DSC_0043_zpsonlzcc2k.jpg

DSC_0051_zpswkx5y9gn.jpg

DSC_0122_zps4nhc6p4b.jpg

DSC_0140_zps75twzcx3.jpg

DSC_0164_zpsjgvr1tzk.jpg

Starling, being her stunning self:
DSC_0053_zpsxnczugsz.jpg

DSC_0106_zpspqxi1j13.jpg

DSC_0109_zps0g9wy1ce.jpg

Sarth being surly:
DSC_0186_zpshwnk2yie.jpg

DSC_0200_zpsp3hmozcx.jpg

DSC_0203_zpsokukokww.jpg

And some of my "pretty" kitty ;)
DSC_0101_zpsvhm7jwyi.jpg

DSC_0104_zps2tbmufbp.jpg

DSC_0150_zpsox9trs4n.jpg

DSC_0174_zpsaxlz8jnc.jpg

DSC_0183_zps68sxow17.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! I'm so happy with my camera! Looking forward to camping and diving this weekend, weather is looking to be perfect! Plenty of warm and sunshine for Starling :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, the quality of the pictures are awesome! Wonderful, that's for sharing! I love your dragons and Mulder is awesome!

I don't know what to suggest for your leg, except maybe a different anti inflammatory. I used to take Serrepeptase, take them first thing in the morning without food. So maybe that would help more than what you're taking now. No side effects at all.

Rheagal17

Hi I am interested in taking my new breadie out camping and just wondering what I need and how to keep him warm we live in Connecticut and travel to camp up in Massechussetts. We will be going up in September and it does get sunny and warm during the day my main concern is at night.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Rheagal17":90y85ghm said:
Hi I am interested in taking my new breadie out camping and just wondering what I need and how to keep him warm we live in Connecticut and travel to camp up in Massechussetts. We will be going up in September and it does get sunny and warm during the day my main concern is at night.

Hi Rheagal - how fun you're taking your guy camping :) I would suggest one or two of those 48 hour heat packs they use to ship reptiles/insects...I'm at work so can't link directly to them on Amazon, the brand is "Uniheat" though. If it's chilly at night you can open one of those and put it in with your beardie, wherever he ends up during the night. For me, Scully and now Starling sleep next to me in my sleeping bag in their own little fleece pouch, you can put the heat pack in with them or near them (it heats to about 100 degrees, so be careful with it!). For before bed but after the sun goes down, they just stay tucked in my jacket/sweater and my body heat is enough to keep them warm. If it doesn't drop below 65ish at night there I wouldn't worry about a heat pack.

Besides that, a leash is a good idea. As far as food, I tend not to bring any, I have in the past and it's just a hassle. I feed pieces of whatever fruits and veggies we bring up with us, and pick wild greens and rinse those - stuff like dandelion, plantain, clover. Sometimes we even find wild raspberries.

I think that about covers it. Good luck! We are going camping this weekend again so look for more pics of Starling camping, probably Sunday night!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
When we would go camping (with a tent) we would take both of our girls with us. We didn't have Lil Squirt then but we had Goldie and Rosie. We went in September but, the on the last trip, part of the day was too hot for Rosie and she walked into the tent and seemed to wonder why it was hotter in the tent - she's used to being brought into the house and it being cooler.

We used to camp once a year at various placed - can't anymore for several reasons I miss camping we enjoy the outdoors. We have taken all of our beardies camping (we've had a total of 7 but only two at a time) except Lil Squirt.

I hope you had a great time camping.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Jen, you outdid yourself with those pictures. I'll bet Alex would love to put a couple of those in the 2016 calendar. What type of camera do you have?

Hope you enjoyed your camping trip and that you are feeling better.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
diamc":5utf9hy6 said:
Wow Jen, you outdid yourself with those pictures. I'll bet Alex would love to put a couple of those in the 2016 calendar. What type of camera do you have?

Hope you enjoyed your camping trip and that you are feeling better.
Oh thanks! It's a Nikon D3300. I am definitely planning on submitting a few for the calendar! I got some good ones of Starling from camping last weekend, I'll upload them one we're back home from the long weekend.

Camping was very fun though, weather could have been better but overall it was good. Starling did well! She's turning into a great camp lizard.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, Starling is doing so well with camping, good to hear. Looking forward to the latest pictures, your camera takes the most awesome pictures!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, here are the pics finally from last weekend!

Driving up
DSC_0354_zpsgujnr3rj.jpg

Burr, cold :( Actually not cold so much as there wasn't any sun to bask in, but still fairly warm. Was like that both Friday and Saturday!
DSC_0373_zpskdjbwjww.jpg

Treat from dad
DSC_0383_zpscxfqgvgi.jpg

Cruising the campsite!
DSC_0420_zpsxcnthddy.jpg

DSC_0424_zpsfl5rjysx.jpg

DSC_0428_zpsftfb1ktr.jpg

A couple glamour shots
DSC_0474_zpseu5pb0rf.jpg

DSC_0468_zps6h9qpyku.jpg

And we tried some swimming, she was doing pretty poorly though, lol! Usually she is a better swimmer. Nate was standing just behind her so he could lift her out of the water.
DSC_0476_zpsvxtzo9ii.jpg

DSC_0478_zpskbjxgv39.jpg

DSC_0477_zpso8pulfnw.jpg

And a couple from yesterday
DSC_0558_zpst5ommpwk.jpg

DSC_0559_zpstmduc3mb.jpg

Good long weekend, there was plenty of warm sunshine so the girls got to be out most of the day.

Sarth retreated to his hide on Saturday, he's still in there today but is poking his head out his window now and keeping an eye on everything. We'll see if he comes out, he gets a bath next week either way to get a poo out of him before he goes down for the fall!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your camera takes the best pictures, even shows how bright Starling is. Glad the weekend went well for you guys, even if the sun wasn't out too much. And Starling looks like she enjoyed the swim.

Nathaniel came out of his hide (well he was 1/2 out anyway, I helped him the rest of the way) earlier today, good thing, it was bath time. He ate a couple of collard green leaves but otherwise, not eating. So I'm expecting him to get back into his hide. He's been sleeping for most of 3 weeks now, just out weekly for his bath (he swims alot in the big sink, I call it stationary swimming, as he can't go anywhere LOL).

Cierra is back up after a few days, she pooped today but also ate alot, so she's not ready for the big sleep. The only one with energy is Castiel, the others are done by 2p or so, even though I'm still leaving their lights on until 4:30p. At least it's cooled down alot, no more hot days at this point. Now to get a couple of weeks of rain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom