sand bad, tile slippery, what about glued sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Ok I just put a tile floor in my bd tank. To him it is like ice slipping all over. Now I know that sand is bad but what if I sprayed glue on the tile and sprinkled sand on the glue to make it stick for traction? What do you all think?

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
What kind of tile did you get? Normal ceramic tiles are really slippery...though there are textured varieties out there that are much better. Natural stone tiles, like slate, should offer tons of traction.

The gluing sand thing will be a nightmare to clean and simply won't hold up very well.

Jess

Extreme Poster
You could try non-adhesive shelf liner too! It is squishy and gives them traction, plus its super easy to clean. :)

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I bought flag stone pieces and stacked them - they look really nice and aren't slippery at all - I think they should be easy to clean as well. Shelf liner is good too but I think you need to trim their nails since it's not tough enough to wear them down like stone would be. Your idea might work too, I guess my only concern would be the glue being toxic?

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the ideas. I did think about shelf liner but I don't want to cover the way the tile looks. I will have to check into the slate idea, might be a pain in the butt to cutt but that would look nice. I guess I could always cut a second board and use great stuff to make a custom floor for him. That would be a ton of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom