salad ambivalence

lilith13

Original Poster
How can I get Clapton interested in his greens, veggies & fruits? Since I brought him home he hasn't even gone near the dish. I've been giving him spring mix topped w/ pears or strawberries.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
How can I get Clapton interested in his greens, veggies & fruits? Since I brought him home he hasn't even gone near the dish. I've been giving him spring mix topped w/ pears or strawberries.
It's hard with young dragons, you just have to keep trying. Offer them every day, eventually he'll eat them.

lilith13

Original Poster

-Brandon
Thank you for providing this link. That was very helpful!

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I think I am going to set up a camera near Thor's tank. He doesn't let me watch either!

Also, maybe anyone else cane chime in with more info, but I struggled for little over a year to even get Thor to eat veggies. But eventually, he just switched, and now he eats veggies mostly regularly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think I am going to set up a camera near Thor's tank. He doesn't let me watch either!

Also, maybe anyone else cane chime in with more info, but I struggled for little over a year to even get Thor to eat veggies. But eventually, he just switched, and now he eats veggies mostly regularly.
If you use a camera, try to get one that doesn't have the infrared for night time. I think they can see that light and it stresses them. I used to try to set my security cameras up to watch mine and no matter where I put it Chomp would hide from it. She would go so far as to dig her way under the mat to get away from it. Zen generally tried to hide from it as well, but he didn't freak out as bad as Chomp did.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
If you use a camera, try to get one that doesn't have the infrared for night time. I think they can see that light and it stresses them. I used to try to set my security cameras up to watch mine and no matter where I put it Chomp would hide from it. She would go so far as to dig her way under the mat to get away from it. Zen generally tried to hide from it as well, but he didn't freak out as bad as Chomp did.
I actually use nightlights through my apartment, so I think I would just plug one in near his home. That way I don't need nighttime recording. But thanks for the heads up. I didn't think of that.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I actually use nightlights through my apartment, so I think I would just plug one in near his home. That way I don't need nighttime recording. But thanks for the heads up. I didn't think of that.
Your welcome 🙂

lilith13

Original Poster
That's interesting. I wonder what it looks like to them? Some sort of natural predator, I guess.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Im not sure what it looks like to them, but I do know they can see spectrums of light we can't.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom