Running out of options.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcoghla

If you're having problems getting the poop off of the tile floor, try lining the cage with paper towels. This way, you'll just have to put the piece of paper towel in a baggie and you'll be all set.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok good idea I will try that i still dont know if they will be able to do it with what her poo is like but its worth a shot she ate 2 wax worms for lunch.. I hate crickets :(

jmcoghla

i've never actually fed mine worms, but I have read that some types of worms have a hard coating that is hard for young beardies to digest. You may also want to look into that too

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I have heard that but I get small worms and they are only givin as a treat well besides now now they are givin to her as a please eat and poop! :) Her main thing is crickets I just worry thats what gave her paracites and greens and mustards.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well its not looking good.... Last night went home and dino was so out of it she could hardly keep her eyes open. She kept closing them while she was in the bath and while being held which is so not normal for her. Also, I found like green on the side of her tank ( looks like dried liquid ) anyone know what that could be from? I'm heart broken. I feel like this time i'm really losing her. I am hoping she makes it another night and I will take her to the vet tomorrow. Theres no way they can tell me she looks ok and alert just underweight now cuz she obviously isnt. :(

jmcoghla

I'm so sorry. I feel so bad for the both of you. Definately go to the vet ASAP. It must be hard to watch your pet be miserable. I hope everything turns out to be ok. Keep us posted

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ugh so my mom took Dino up to the vet for me with a list of questions and i'm going insane because her cell phone is dead and i'm being so impatient. I want to know so bad! But my mom called on the way there and was saying Dino was up and alert... great just my luck they better give me something!!!

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I am about to go crazy! They told her she looked great... underweight but great... They checked her vent looked clear checked her mouth looked great said her color looked great. Her stomach felt great. What am I to do? If she were to have paracites would they be able to tell from checking any of that? Once again they said just try to get us a fecal sample. lol if it were only that easy!! I don't know what to do. Why would she be so weak and out of it and then be fine and alert for the drs visit.. Smart little .... :) I don't know they didn't know what the green on the cage was so i still don't know what that could have been.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
You know what my guy has the same symptoms as yours other then not being able to poop. I even found some of that green stuff your talking about except his was still wet not dry. I have no idead what was wrong with him and I dont have a reptile doctor near me so i basically just had to let him figure out on his own. I recently bought this parasite killer which yours sounds like it has some type of parasite. It is called reptaid, today is his second day on it and already Ive seen an improvement his appetite is better(not as good as it should be, but better) and he seems alot more happy and somewhat more energetic. You can buy it on chameleonsnorthwest.com. It seems to be working for me and may be it will work for you.

Gail

BD.org Addict
First thing I would do is increase her temps to 105, see if that helps at all. You might consider a different vet, a good one should be able to do a vent swab for a parasite test. You also might consider having some blood tests done, to check liver function and calcium levels.

The worms you seen in your crickets, were they small and fuzzy? if so then they are normal, they are the larva of a type of beetle commonly found with crickets that help keep the colony clean. They are harmless.

I'd guess the green stuff you found was poo from the baby food. If you want a nice firm stool then you need to try and get more solid food in your dragon. Do you have access to any roaches or silkworms? A different food might entice her to eat.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Try her on some green veggies. They should have a fresh salad left in all, day every day. Mustard greens, collards or turnup greens are all good. Mine likes his topped with fresh cilantro leaves. Bogie really likes the taste of his calcium dust so I sometimes sprinkle his salad. :D
You didn't list her length. If she has reached a good size already, she may be trying to brumate. Mine started at about six months. He behaved just like yours. I was super worried till I "talked" with several others with the same problem. It seems size, more than age determines the timing of their first brumation. Some go down in early fall and wake about now. Others go down about Dec. or a bit later and sleep till spring. Each one is different. Read Denise's article on brumation and look up some of our threads on brumation.
Upping your temps to 105 is a good idea in case that is the problem. I wish they could talk and let us know what is bugging them. It would help so much! :lol: Keep us posted.

Sandy H

Hi~
How is the little gal? I know you said the vet has told you twice she isnt impacted...but to be honest it certainly sounds like there is maybe something blocking. Tarry stool are indicative of iron which is indicative of blood (old) this could mean she ate something non edible and it isn't disgesting. This would lead to blockage, and if any injury may have caused a small bleed. the watery stool is the only poration that can seep out so that is what you get...much like you are describing. I would ask for an xray. see if she has swallowed something. With their licking everything they come near, it is always a risk for lizards of any type.
Also, if there is something in the gut, not passing thru, it is probably giving a sense of fullness so she doesn't get hungry.

I dont know for sure...but the symptoms all fit. xrays can be done first, if negative, then pursue the fecal...which considering the parasite with the feeders, you'd want to do even if xray is poisitive. You said she hasnt eanten any, but are they from the same pet store or wherever you got them? You may also want to notify the vendor of the problem so they check into it and and post a notification to folks who purchase from them...

Keep us posted okay?
jackie

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all your great responses. Well she is still wanting to sleep a lot and I havent got a poo yet, but on the plus side she ate 3 wax worms and like 7 pieces of collards dusted in calcium! YAY!! I was so excited. I got her out yesterday and she was running around on my bed and the floor. She hasn't even wanted to keep her eyes open the last couple days so it did make me feel a million times better. I got her temps to 102.7 that is the best I have been able to get it to. And sad to say this was a new Dr. My mom said he was great and really checked her out felt her kidneys looked at her vents everything. I don't know. Part of me still worries its parasites. But I hope its not. I hope to just keep getting her to eat. I do keep greens in her cage and actually collards and greens and turnips when the look fresh...wal mart by my house has the worst looking veggies. I guess they dont wanna do exrays or anything else cuz she looks so perfect besides under weight. You said your beardie was 6 months when they were trying to burmate.. Do you know how much it weighed Dino is 117g.. Doesnt seem big enough to me but shes my first beardie so i dont know. I have heard about the reptaid but I have been really worried about giving her that and it stressing her out if she doesnt have anything... but I'm pretty tempted to try it. And THANKS SO much for the worm info I was freaking out lol. Threw out 150 crickets! Once again thanks for all of your help everyone had completely different ideas hopefully i can narrow it down to one. I would love it if it was the brumate idea but would that cause her to not poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom