Running out of options.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Well Dino is approx 6 months and weighs 114 g that was the sat before last. She has not ate for 2 weeks. I have been able to some what force feed her baby food but its still not enough she looks weaker and weaker every day. I changed her lighting to 100 watt mvb. Her color looks better but still not interested in eating. She hasn't pooped for weeks so I cant get a fecal. I'm so tired of driving an hour away and paying 50 dollars to be told she isnt impaceted and looks good just a little skinny for nothing. She is to little for them to take a fecal and because shes not going I cant take one to them. PLEASE I NEED HELP. I called a new vet today and they suggested bringing her in for a 2nd oppinion and stated they can try giving her de wormer just in case but they dont even have a way to tell if thats what she needs!! HELP PLEASE :(

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry to hear about your baby. :( Perhaps if you could answer these questions we could start to understand your situation.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How old is your dragon? 5-6 moths
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?not sure i call her a she :)
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?equal to 55 gallon breeder
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? rough slate tile
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?MVB 100 watt
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if Mvb)
How old is your UVB bulb?Brand new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?12 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?97 winter temps
What is the cool side temp?71
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?On the basking spot?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Crickets the size of between her eyes, mustards collards, for a treat she gets wax or meal worms, carrots and peeled apples every now and then.... As of now just trying to get her to eat baby food
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?Morning , Lunch, and dinner
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?Yes not at home so not sure the brands but calc 5 times a week and vit 3 times
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?Nope
Do you bath your dragon? How often?Every other day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?She has fresh water at all times in cage
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Nope

Thanks for your help

LJean

Extreme Poster
Poor baby still not feeling well? Have you tried upping the temps a bit?
I hope someone has some suggestions.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Could be the age but it could be a parasite also? I have a 6 month old that won't bask very long if her temps are below 103. Mine likes 105-107 temps. Jada turned 6 months old yesterday and has slacked on eating big time since yesterday. I have been told it's most likely the age. Try upping her temps a little to see if that makes a difference. Have you tried making a slurry and feeding her that so you can get a fecal done? I just take greens and pellets or feeders and grind up in a blender or food processor. Try spoon feeding her by putting some slurry on the tip of her nose while you are holding her. I use plastic spoons and just toss them.

Hope your little one starts eating for you.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I tried mixing greens and crickets and a lil water and she wouldnt eat it but I bought some green bean baby food and i got her to eat a little yesterday im hoping i will get a poo today. I hope its the age but one thing I noticed in her cricket tank. Which doesnt effect her now she isnt eating any so i tossed them, anyways i seen these little black worm looking things is that normal? She was doing good ljean and then i switched her cage and i'm guessing she didnt like it half as much as i did.. I moved her basking branch a little closer so her temp got to 103 last night and she backed down further down the branch. I'm not sure. The vet has made me so upset i dont know what to do! I guess all I can do is keep trying to get a good poo. The last one was like tar it was so sticky and thin looking there is no way i could have took it in. Well i'm going to try to feed her more again today ill let you know how it goes. She lets me open her mouth so i can stick surrenge in there for a lil while but then when shes done shes done. Thanks for the help. I so hope its the age. PS If your going to be a herp vet dont you think you should be well informed about bd's as well as your staff?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello
im sorry to hear your lil one aint so good.
can i just say i believe you dont need a big poop to take it in, previously ive took in little teeny amounts of solid poop and my vet can still work with it, they only put a little bit on a slide anyway to view it under a microscope and at least it could give you a rough idea if it turns out to be not enough, if they have loads of worms or parasites they will be able to see even if it is small then maybe if they barely have any worms or parasites they may need a bigger bit.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The poop was thinly spread across the rock like smaller then a dime and it looked like tar so i couldnt even pick any up to take a fecal you think i could have just taken the rock in? Just for future references? Im going to keep trying I will keep you updated.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hmm not sure about taking the rock in, maybe for future reference you could try getting an unused nail file and scraping it off, lol, do they go in the bath at all? if so then just drain the water out and scoop up the poop, i always have to bath my Mischief so the vet knows his poop is always watery but the water does not affect the results.
:)

LJean

Extreme Poster
I hope you were able to get her to eat some more.

I laughed a bit at the part where you said she didn't like the new tank as much as you did. They can be so bratty about change sometimes. Lucky for me Oscar is used to it. Not sure how well things will go over for Calypso though.

Just keep trying! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I fed her some more baby food and last night. She ate 2 meal worms on her own I was so happy! And had a bath so I am so hoping she will have a poo today! No she has never been one to poo in the bath. On me, on furniture, but bath.. no. She is so difficult. Oh ok I see what your sayin about scraping it off but if you would have seen it you woulda realized scraping it off would have been as tiny as ashes. It was so thin and just stuck on there. It was weird hard to explain I guess trust me if I thought I could have got a fecal from it I would have, woulda caused less stress on my end. She is hanging in there some how. So wish me luck hopefuly I will go home to a nice gross surprise :blob5:

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Which doesnt effect her now she isnt eating any so i tossed them, anyways i seen these little black worm looking things is that normal?
No, this is not normal. Crickets do poop but it looks like little black balls. Feeders can carry parasites that can be passed along to your bearie.

She was doing good ljean and then i switched her cage and i'm guessing she didnt like it half as much as i did.. I moved her basking branch a little closer so her temp got to 103 last night and she backed down further down the branch.

Since your beardie is used to lower temps it may take a little while for her to adjust. I would keep the branch where it is so the temps are higher, she will move to where she is comfortable.

I'm not sure. The vet has made me so upset i dont know what to do! I guess all I can do is keep trying to get a good poo. The last one was like tar it was so sticky and thin looking there is no way i could have took it in.
Last time my beardies poo looked like what you are describing he had a severe case of coccidia. I would do what you can to get a fecal into him.

Well i'm going to try to feed her more again today ill let you know how it goes. She lets me open her mouth so i can stick surrenge in there for a lil while but then when shes done shes done. Thanks for the help. I so hope its the age. PS If your going to be a herp vet dont you think you should be well informed about bd's as well as your staff?
next time you visit the vet you can ask about carnivore care, you do not need to feed much but it can help your baby stay healthy while she is not well.
you could also try unsweetened applesauce. alot of beardies like the taste and might help her poop.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I went home last night to find some poo and I was so excited until I noticed it was the same. Stuck to the tile when I tried scraping it into a Little baggy it was like peices of ashes :( But it looked like some even spashed on the window this doesnt seem good. She ate a couple of crickets finally. I have been giving her unsweetened apple sauce, baby food-green beans, sweet potatoe and chicken. And it wasnt cricket poo i seen in the cage it was literally a bug like worm with legs and it was balck like this long ___ lol What do paracites look like? If I feed her prunes or something could that make her poop?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Awe, at first I was saying yay! to poo....

I don't know about the prunes, LOL
You would think the applesauce and baby food would make for messy poo itself. hmm..
I hate that I can't help you.
Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom