Running out of options.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh bummer ok I hope I can clean everything good enough :( He is a licker. And that is exactly what he has. They only gave me meds for 10 days is that not enough? How long before he sould start eating again its been two days but he still hasnt been eating.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
he will be feeling pretty poorly on the meds so may not eat till a few days after but keep offering. Trevor would let me hand feed him when he wasn't taking food himself but if you get worried try blending some food - crickets, veg, etc - and letting him lick it off his nose to keep him going

You can help speed up his recovery by bathing him in avipro, or giving him a probiotic like acidophilis (there's a brand for reptiles someone here should know the name of) to help his digestion. Unfortunately the meds are very hard on a beardie's system and they really do need this

the 10 day course is standard, if it works you should see some improvement, it doesn't always work first time though so you'll probably need another fecal a couple of weeks after he finishes to check how he's doing with them and the vet will prescribe another course if necessary

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
it's a probiotic and vitamin supplement originally developed for birds but it works well for reptiles

There is a new product on the market that people are using for just about anything with chameleons and beardies called reptaid. It's a herbal remedy that helps stimulate appetite, kill parasites, etc, etc

there's a thread about it here -

[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=94618 f=2 ]

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I have seen Benebec(sp) reccomended. I think that may be a brand name? I think you can find it in PetsMart or Petco. Sorry I'm not more help,mine doesn't get sick (just lost in house :lol: )
Katherine and I are rooting for him!

From Katherine: GO DINO! GO DINO! GEEEEET WELL! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Sandy H

tiffanycannon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol thanks guys! I would love to say dino does't get sick. He looked like he was on his death bed when i saved him from petsmart. But I fed him till he grew stregnth to go catch his own crickets and worms. Now this... Bummer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom