Ruben Miso & Billy! RIP Ruben

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
FINALLY... an update. :blob5: I've been wondering how the clan is doing!

You can just about guarantee she is going to be in a constant shed for a while. She's going to grow like crazy now and then you are going to wish she'd stop. ;)

I'm surprised your boyfriend doesnt have a BD account to post updates for you. That way you can not worry about your babies too much. I have to leave mine for 10 days in about 3 weeks and I'm gonna go crazy missing them.

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Well at least Rube knows what he wants, and will let you know..LOL.. Poor Miso. At least you know for a fact now she's growing..she wouldn't be shedding if she wasn't. I know you'll miss the "kids"...but I'm sure Mark will do just fine while you're gone. I, on the other hand, will miss your posts. :(

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Home at last.
I came baring bribes of waxworms and basil leaves.
Miso put on her happy colours right away and gobbled up 30 roaches!
Ruben refused to let me pick him up and kept shuffling away from my hand :cry: little devil isnt happy I left him.

On a terrible note Tracie has confirmed that the issue Miso has with her foot is definatly MBD. I read this late at night after finishing my 6th straight essay and just sobbed and sobbed.
I feel that I have completely failed her.
I choose to take in rescues rather than pristene dragons because I want to give them the love and care that they deserve.... and now I have harmed one. I feel no better than the people my dragons were rescued from.

When she was only eating salad I should have force fed her more than twice a week. I was just so scared that she would become dependant on sytinge feeding and never learn to hunt. I should have known better. I should have found a way to get calcium into her more often.
Now Miso is paying for my ignorance.

Miso is on 5 calcium meals a day and Tracie says there is a chance things can be reversed with some liquid calcium.
Ive just.... never felt so guilty in all my life and I will never forgive myself if her foot doesnt improve.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Ethelia":7e3b0 said:
never felt so guilty in all my life and I will never forgive myself if her foot doesnt improve.

Holly,
Please don't beat yourself up, THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU CAN COMPARE YOURSELF TO THE PEOPLE YOU RESCUED MISO FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T THINK THAT!
You have done the very best by your babies, and we ALL know that, now, you must believe that.

And I know for sure that Tracie, would agree with me, in telling you that you've been a great beardie mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all could think of area's of care that we should have done differently and would like to do over again, but this is by no means a reflection of neglect, and I feel the same as Tracie, this might correct itself........soooo, we will all stand behind you, and cheer you along with Miso's recovery.

It's very easy for me to exhort you, even though I'd probably would feel the same as your feeling now............. but I know in my heart that this was not an action of neglect. Miso is no less of a beardie, just like your no less of the best mom she could have, be of good cheer, and we will all be here for you.

Oh yes, it's great your home with your babies,
Bugs and hugs, (((((((HUGS))))))) :love5:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, Holly....Christine is right. You have done so much for Miso, there is absolutely no reason you should feel guilty.
Just look at her now... finally eating eating her buggies and growing!

If the MBD reverses itself, wonderful...if not, Miso will not be defined by her foot. It hasn't and probably won't slow her down any. Considering what her future could have been without such a caring beardie slave, I think that even th'ough it's easy for you to think that it's your fault, there's really no way to know for sure and the best thing to do is just pick up your little Miso and give her lots of HUGGLES!!!

Beardie Waves from Cali!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
First of all she's still a baby so it can be repairable.

Secondly.... she is sooo loved by you that you did nothing wrong. You didn't want to do more damage so you were letting it go one at a time. You would have felt worst force feeding her and causing her jaw to be broken or something.

Thirdly... it's her little character trait. :)

Seriously Holly.... all the love you have given her outweighs everything else. :)

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
Girl..that is just CRAZY talk. You are a BUHZILLION times better than the cement heads you rescued Miso from. And I know NO ONE HERE is EVER going to say you are a bad Mom..that is just not possible. And I can't remember who said it, but they're right. She's still just a baby, and most likely the liquid calcium will fix it..if not, her foot will not define who she is, and won't even slow her down.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Not much more that i can say that they havnt already said. Your a wonderful person you didnt do this on purpose. Please dont beat yourself up.

*hugs*

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Holly! How could you blame this all on yourself? Force feeding is never a good thing in the beardie books, and what could you have done to get Miso her calcium without it?

But, if it makes you feel better, Reggie is starting to recover from MBD. His wrists have stopped bending, his spine is straight (thanks to scolding and straightening constantly) and he's much more active. So, there is hope! He's been getting liquid calcium every day, and PLENTY of UVB. As long as you have Miso under proper conditions, I'm sure she will recover, especially with the way you (surely) spoil her. C'mon, waxworms and basil leaves?! Reggie hardly ever gets those!

You better not blame yourself anymore. Or I'll give you one of those talking-tos that only (intercontinental or no) sisters can give. :wink:

-- Jacqui

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Well, there you have it, Holly.

You have just been scolded by a 13 year old :shock:

Face it, there is no way in H. E. double hockey sticks that anyone on this forum is going to allow you to blame yourself for something that Miso can't even blame you for. She's happy and healthy and growing. What more can any Mommy ask for?

So dry your tears, friend.

Tell us a happy story!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Well, everyone else has already said it, but I feel the need to add my two cents.

Holly, don't you DARE blame yourself or feel guilty! :evil: Miso is one of the most spoiled, well loved, and well cared for beardies that I've ever had the privilege of seeing. Force feeding can, as mentioned, lead to a broken jaw or choking, which is far more serious than a touch of MBD in her wrist. She's still a baby and will rebound very quickly now that she's eating properly for you. If you keep on feeling guilty, I will come over there and you won't like what happens next. There, how's that?

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Hehe.... you got scolded by a 13 year old!

Are you straight yet woman or do we have to come over there and set you straight?

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
If a 13 yr old scolding you isn't enough, I'll turn Katherine loose on you. Even an 8yr old knows a good dragon mom when she sees one. Chin up. :D Miso looks like one happy lil dragon and she's started growing- what more can you ask for? :mrgreen:

Sandy h

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh guys, I dont know what to say.

I was just so overwhelmed when I found out about her MBD, Id been working for three days straight away from my babies with about 8 hours sleep under my belt. It was all too much for me.

I think the reason I felt so horrific was because I knew very little about MBD. I thought I had crippled her for life and she'd always be sickly.
I just have absolutely no logic or reasoning when it comes to my little ones. I spend alot of time on these forums soothing people who are upset about their sickly dragons through PMs.
Apparently I can dish it out but I cant accept it myself.

I felt better when I came home after an initial guilt filled cry whilst cuddling Miso. It almost feels like she's been trying to show me how well she is. She's been doing more running climbing and eating than ever before.
She's even started to loll in between her rocks so her plump belly hangs down.
Im sure its all in my head, but I love her to bits for her spirit.
Ive stopped tormenting myself now but I know I wont forgive myself for her foot, even if it heals.

There isnt anything I can really say to tell you how much I appriciate every single one of you's support, so insted i'll post some photos I took today for you guys.

Out of her shed, just out of the bath.
Her tail and nose seems to be starting to shed now.
Her tail base is so much thicker than it was previously.
DSC00199.jpg

Just before she jumped at her UVB bulb (her favourite game)
DSC00201.jpg

Then doing what she does best...
DSC00203.jpg

Going to need a new basking spot soon.
DSC00205.jpg

And a couple of her in her happy post-shed colours.
DSC00207.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

love to each of you

Foolish and pretty embarresed Holly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom