Rubber Matting Safe as flooring instead of tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
I was at the home/hardware store yesterday and I saw I role of clear rubberize mats for pickup trucks or car flooring. You can cut it to your desired shape and size. So I was thinking of cutting it tile size or by portions so I can just take out what I need to clean and not the whole mat.

Is this safe to use instead of tiles? Its easier to maintain & lighter, It sticks to the glass of my viv as rubber would do, and its got a rough textured top.

Is this safe also when heated? I mean with 20inches down, it doesn't get that hot as to the basking area and if does, I was thinking of leaving the basking area away from the rubber and just use tile for that portion instead.

What do you guys think?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ill be the first to admit that tile isnt the most natural substrate for beardies but i think rubber is pushing it. i cant imagine the feeling of their claws on the rubber is something theyd enjoy(plus it would do nothing for trimming their nails.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
jscott":d7beb said:
ill be the first to admit that tile isnt the most natural substrate for beardies but i think rubber is pushing it. i cant imagine the feeling of their claws on the rubber is something theyd enjoy(plus it would do nothing for trimming their nails.

I think you are absolutely right Ill stick with tiles as it is good for their nails :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom