Roaches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
I am still totally against roaches in my house but my beardie won't eat crickets and I need to find something for him to eat.....right now he is loving Phoenix worms (they are not as bad as I thought they would be)...but I can not breed those. I am totally cheap. Love saving money whenever I can :) so please share websites where you can buy a breeding setup.....not saying I will go through with it but would like to price them and will go from there. thanks!!

Can't believe I just asked that......spoiled dragon!!!!

tweet0302

Juvie Member
It's thus site that has starter colony of dubias its only $25 shipped the site name is American bearded dragons

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The more I look in to them the more grossed out I am.....I know they r easy to breed and that is the only reason I'm looking in to them.... So please tell me pros and cons. I want feeders that I can breed at home pretty easy. I know there are worms I can breed...I a, also looking in to those but from what I have seen so far no worms that can be used as a main feeder is really easy to breed.

czuber

Hatchling Member
I recommend getting this small colony deal:

Troy n Cindy https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3287392977

I also just started and it is pretty easy and no mess. A 7-10 dollar 30 gal bin. Some cardboard egg crates. I just save mine from the eggs we buy. You can buy egg flats but My Dubia don't seem to care. Picked up a 20 dollar (no shutoff) heating pad from CVS. You can get a quart bag of water crystals off ebay for about 10.00. I picked up some of the flat Rubbermaid food storage containers one for the water crystal and one for dry food one for Oranges and salad stuff. Toss them in and let them go. It's really nice to go to the bin instead of the pet store.

One other Tip! Don't call them Roaches...They are Dubia see how much better that sounds :)

tweet0302":360utwca said:
It's thus site that has starter colony of dubias its only $25 shipped the site name is American bearded dragons

I can not find a starter colony on their site. Can you please post a link?
I also do not see any in the For Sale section on this site. I am looking at purchasing a Dubia Starter colony if anyone can tell me where to purchase one. thanks

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
czuber":3glollb3 said:
I recommend getting this small colony deal:

Troy n Cindy https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3287392977

I also just started and it is pretty easy and no mess. A 7-10 dollar 30 gal bin. Some cardboard egg crates. I just save mine from the eggs we buy. You can buy egg flats but My Dubia don't seem to care. Picked up a 20 dollar (no shutoff) heating pad from CVS. You can get a quart bag of water crystals off ebay for about 10.00. I picked up some of the flat Rubbermaid food storage containers one for the water crystal and one for dry food one for Oranges and salad stuff. Toss them in and let them go. It's really nice to go to the bin instead of the pet store.

One other Tip! Don't call them Roaches...They are Dubia see how much better that sounds :)

That link is not working for me.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If I do go with roaches what would I feed them? I would rather a chow that is already mixed.

tweet0302

Juvie Member
Dry cat food, wheat bran, bran oats fish flakes, or you can do a puree of veggies,friuts, i also put in a lil cal powder an vitamins the freeze it and give it to the roaches but if I'm wrong someone will correct me

czuber

Hatchling Member
The easy answer is Anything. I keep some dry food in at all times and then throw in a tray of whatever Fruits and veggies we have left over

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
czuber":1qo797f0 said:
The easy answer is Anything. I keep some dry food in at all times and then throw in a tray of whatever Fruits and veggies we have left over

What dry food?

czuber

Hatchling Member
Like the dog/cat/fish flakes mixture. You can grind or not (roaches eat it faster ground). Stuff like Quaker oats.

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
if u r lookin 4 starter colonies CNSfeeders.com has them 4 $25. and they have auctions on their facebook. comes with tub crates water crystals. they also sell roach chow. i noe how u feel about them in ur home. i am about to get some soon. :bleick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom