Roach Heating...Another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danieel

Hatchling Member
Hi I bought the same heating pad as the one you listed but on the warning label its says not to sit on it. Would that be a problem with setting the tub of roaches on top of the pad?

Danieel

Hatchling Member
Danieel":6y42rego said:
Hi I bought the same heating pad as the one you listed but on the warning label its says not to sit on it. Would that be a problem with setting the tub of roaches on top of the pad?
anyone have an answer???

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I think it's fine.... I once use the Cobra Heat Mat that they use for snake and put a sound insulator made from styrafoam underneath to heat up my frog cage, and it worked wonder! I think it's the same as the heat tape, but not exactly sure if it's the same as UTH.....

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
To be completely honest, they are roaches and will be around long after we are gone... I wouldn't put to much thought into getting the temps just perfect. The truth of the matter is that nature is not perfect and that temps flucuate quite often. Another thing to note is that they are a tropical species which would range somewhere around 70-85... think hawaii weather, not arizona.

but in any case, i have used heat cable stuck to sheet metal, an UTH stuck to sheet metal, and finally heat tape which seems to work the best to heat a large number of tubs... by large number think around 30.

-Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom