RIP Jojo <3 *8/23/06~6/29/10*

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I'm glad you all like it :D I'm placing the order Monday.

I had such a rough day yesterday,very emotional. Some days are just worse than other ya know? :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
puppytoes72":jbp0qdt4 said:
I'm glad you all like it :D I'm placing the order Monday.

I had such a rough day yesterday,very emotional. Some days are just worse than other ya know? :(
I am sorry that you had a hard day yesterday.It is true some days are going to be harder then others but hopefully today was a better day for you.(((HUGS)))

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Michelle, we are still praying for you, we all need prayer from time to time. I'm sorry you had such a hard day yesterday. Things will get better, it just may take time.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is very true Michele, some days are very hard to handle and more emotional, there doesn't even have to be anything in particular to cause it either. We're all here for you. [[[hugs]]]

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you so much girls (((hugs)))
I had so many crying spells yesterday. My heart just aches for Jojo :(
I am doing better today though.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that you're doing better today. :wink: Try to keep reminding yourself that you did the right thing for your girl, you had no choice and she is now free from all pain. I know your heart is aching and your house is very lonely, hopefully that will change before too long, when you're ready.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
diamc":3eeewv8l said:
That's good that you're doing better today. :wink: Try to keep reminding yourself that you did the right thing for your girl, you had no choice and she is now free from all pain. I know your heart is aching and your house is very lonely, hopefully that will change before too long, when you're ready.
Thanks Diane. It is so hard to walk by her room and see her empty viv,but I just can't bring myself to shut the door.(I even have the webcam still on :( )
I still go in there 3x a day. I give her a kiss in the morning b4 I leave for work,then when I get home from work,and again b4 I go to bed.
I do the same with Chris's urn every day for the past 2.5 years. My whole house is becoming a shrine.
His room is still the same as he left it. :|

Maybe one day soon my house won't be so empty.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I've been gone all day volunteering at the reptile rescue, so I'm catching up on all my threads now.
I'm sorry Michele, for your sad day yesterday, I'm sure the emotions come out of the blue, but I'm glad today was a better day.
The urn you settled on is beautiful,................. can you post a pic when you get it all set up, next to Chris? (If that's too much to ask, I understand)

puppytoes72":342055fd said:
(OF COURSE I HAD TO ZERO IN ON THIS STATEMENT) :silent:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
puppytoes72":3gv4532c said:
That's what you have to think about.

I knew that everything was still the same way that you had it for Jojo because I know that Chris's room has hardly been touched at all. You have to do what you have to do. It will get easier, I promise. :love5: Remember, you're NOT alone, you have all of us and 2 guardian angels watching over you and a little creature that needs a "forever home."

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":qs3ojbm1 said:
I've been gone all day volunteering at the reptile rescue, so I'm catching up on all my threads now.
I'm sorry Michele, for your sad day yesterday, I'm sure the emotions come out of the blue, but I'm glad today was a better day.
The urn you settled on is beautiful,................. can you post a pic when you get it all set up, next to Chris? (If that's too much to ask, I understand)

puppytoes72":qs3ojbm1 said:
(OF COURSE I HAD TO ZERO IN ON THIS STATEMENT) :silent:
I will definately post a pic of the whole new setup on the mantle when it's done.Of course I would share that with all my friends here :wink: Vicky is working on getting that Chris/Jojo picture out to me so that will be on the mantle as well. I call it a mantle but its actually a 5 shelf silver unit alonside the TV in the livingroom. Everything is really going to look nice on it.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
diamc":q41ycjde said:
puppytoes72":q41ycjde said:
That's what you have to think about.

I knew that everything was still the same way that you had it for Jojo because I know that Chris's room has hardly been touched at all. You have to do what you have to do. It will get easier, I promise. :love5: Remember, you're NOT alone, you have all of us and 2 guardian angels watching over you and a little creature that needs a "forever home."
Yes I do have 2 angels watching over me and all you wonderful friends here on the forum. I can't even explain how touched I am by the support I have received here. You guys have kept me sane through everything.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ok ladies,get ready for this....
Late lastnight I was going through Jojo's stuff in the stand under her viv and I found the can touch-up stain that the cage company used on her viv. It is MINWAX Wood Finish. I started reading the label and saw "Danger! Vapor harmful,irritates eyes,skin and respiratory tract"! :banghead: Although I am sure the vapor/fumes disapated(sp?) over the years this very well could explain tissue swelling in her eye(which went away) and mouth (which never went away). How could I have been so stupid not to investigate this myself and just trust the cage company when they stated they used non-toxic materials?!? :banghead:
I got the cage in Dec of 2006. The eye problem came first (I think in Jan 07'a month after I put her in the viv?)).It lasted a couple months.I spent a fortune at the vet trying to figure out what was wrong but Dr Sean never found any bacteria or anything. The swelling eventually went away on it's own. I then noticed the mouth swelling in June 07'. Again,a fortune spent on tests/swabs/meds but the problem never went away. This is why her tongue was always slightly sticking out.
I will have to dig around in my photobucket to see if I could find pics of her past eye problem and the closeup of her mouth.
I feel aweful!! How could I have missed that?? :(
After over 3 years there are no fumes now so would it be safe to say the viv is ok to use in the future??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom