RIP Jojo <3 *8/23/06~6/29/10*

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dear, sweet Michele. That memorial to Jojo was so very special. It must have been so very hard for you to do that and must have taken you a long time due to the sadness you were feeling. At such a young age, you have suffered way too much heartache, it just isn't fair. Sure wish we could make it all go away, have no idea why things like that happen. :(

I did remember that it was a Tuesday and the 29th of the month but I didn't mention it to you. I can't imagine what you went through driving home from the vet office all alone with all the emptiness and the tears that were flowing.

You loved Jojo with all your heart and it wouldn't have been possible to love her any more than you did and she loved you just as much right back. She had everything, a beautiful viv that you had custom made for her, her very own moo cow, lots of assortments of basking spots (private joke between us) with rocks of all shapes and sizes, a nice comfy towel, a big view of the outdoors from your sliding glass door and 2 wonderful yards that she loved to run around and play in. Your family and friends loved her dearly too, especially your mom. She touched so many hearts...............because of the love that you showed her.

As hard as it was, you did the right thing and I am absolutely positive that she knew you were right there with her during her final stages of life. She heard everything you were saying and felt your love in every stroke and kiss. She will be laying right alongside Chris who she also loved very much. They are now together and are waiting for you when the time is right. Now you have 2 guardian angels watching over you. You are a very strong woman that has a very close family and caring friends that need you. One of these days, you're going to WIN BIG in one of those poker games to make Chris very proud.

Love you Michele.

R.I.P. Jojo, you are a sweetheart

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Aww,you guys are making me sob! But it's good cleansing tears that need to come out,that's the only way to heal. :( You all are so great....I can't say that enough!

Diane,your privte joke actully got a chuckle out of me :wink:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
outsdr2":2j333rke said:
I agree! I am so sorry Michele. I knew JoJo was destined for a life full of love years ago, when me and you would argue with those knuckleheads over at Fauna. :lol: Please consider adopting another. we love you around here.
Yeah Jack,that is how we met! :idea:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
puppytoes72":285cp7wl said:
Diane,your privte joke actully got a chuckle out of me :wink:
I thought it might. :wink:

I forgot to say that the pictures you posted in her memorial were absolutely perfect. You did an amazing job.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Michele... I am so sorry to hear the news of your JoJo :( You must be terribly heartbroken right now.
The memorial you wrote was beautiful! What a special and loved beardie JoJo was. I am sure she knew just how much you loved and needed her.
Please know that I am thinking of you and hope that in time you can reflect back on the wonderful memories you and JoJo have shared, without all the pain.
((HUGS))

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Michele, I hope you won't be offended if I didn't visit the memorial you wrote for Jojo. I'm sure it was very difficult for you to put it together, and just from the comments I can tell it was very beautiful. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to read it, but for now, I can't.

I'm sorry.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Gina, I have the same problem reading the rainbow bridge poem. It makes me cry every time. It's especially hard with all the beardies we've lost since August of 06.

Michelle, you did a wonderful job on Jojo's memorial. It was the first time I heard how you first got her. Those pics are wonderful. You posted a couple of those loving look pics I will never, ever forget. You were the perfect person for her, and she for you. I was praying for you all day yesterday as I was greaving with you on Jojo's death. I hope you can bring yourself to get another beardie soon. In our case, getting Redrock after loosing Miss Y and then Miss O helped us to heal, gave us something to love and care for. Not every one is like that, tho. I do understand how you feel that Jojo is your daughter as I've never had human children, either and when we lost the 4 we did, it was like loosing our kids. One lady at our church laughs at me referring to Goldie and Rosie as "our girls". Yesterday evening when I first got caught up with Jojo's thread, my husband and I both wished we were closer so we could hug you. We now send cyber hugs as I'm sure it helps.

I do remember when we lost Redrock it helped getting sympathies from this group more so than other's I know that say something like "I've lost pets before and...." for some reason it doesn't help as much as those who love beardies and understand.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Michele, I just read the memorial you created with such love for Jojo, she was a special beardie, you raised her with such love and trust. Just know I'm thinking of you, praying for you, too. I know how painful losing a beloved beardie can be, my heart is with you. Thanks for sharing.

HUGS
Deb

babyelvissocute

Sub-Adult Member
Your memorial was beautiful. I'm so sorry about Jojo. :cry:

You were the best slave Jojo could ever had, and I'm sure she knows that she was a spoiled beardie :D I know shes waiting to see you someday at the Rainbow Bridge.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you all soooo very much,your words do comfort me.
One bit of good news...the vet called me today and said that Jojo is ready to be picked up. I got out of work early and raced there because I didn't want her to be stuck there for the long holiday weekend. Jojo is now home with mommy where she belongs. She came in a pretty flowered tin,and there is also a certificate stating her name,date,and stating that it is individual cremation.
I want to buy a small pretty urn for her online. I tried opening the tin but it's sealed shut. There has got to be some way to get it open right?? I think for now I am going to place the tin on her blankie in her cage. When the flourescent light finally burns out (I won't shut it off) I will put her out in the livingroom next to Chris.

Gina,no,of course I'm not offended. Hopefully one day you can read it though.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hello Michele. I am glad that you were able to pick up Jojo's ashes before the weekend. I dont know if it is the same or not, but when I had Blossom (my dog) cremated a few years ago, I didnt buy an urn then, but they told me that if I did, I could bring it back to them and they would transfer it for me. I would think that they could probably do the same.

I have only read a little of Jojo's memorial for now, it was all I could handle. You did a wonderful job writing what I did read, and I know it was so incredibly hard for you.
Love
Jennifer

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Jen,thanks,that is a good idea. I'm sure they would be more than happy to transfer her ashes for me. Not that I would mind doing it,I just don't know how to get the **** thing open :banghead:
I just added 3 pictures to her memorial so you all can see the pretty box and the certificate.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Michele....I like Gina don't like to go to the Memorial section...but I did. The memorial your wrote up was very touching and heartbreaking to get through but beautiful at the same time.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
fresnowitte":32rirka8 said:
Hi Michele....I like Gina don't like to go to the Memorial section...but I did. The memorial your wrote up was very touching and heartbreaking to get through but beautiful at the same time.
Thank you Barb. :( I was posting 3 new pics the same time you were in the forum,did you see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom