Rescued female with injury and illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Best thing I could tell you is try and re-position her feet when she lays down. Syd can't really feel her hind end and sometimes she will lay wrong on them. I try to fix it when I notice it. I figure it can't be good for the joints. I know it would hurt if I laid like that. As for a design...maybe an tiny L bracket with fleece over it with a tiny piece of elastic to hold it in place.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I was thinking of self hardining clay formed to fit and lined with fleece. You could use ponytail scrunchies to hold them on. :mrgreen:

Sandy H

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
Judging by her size in the pic on pg 1, I don't think a scrunchie would fit. She looks like she is 10-11 inches long. Unless that was a really BIG pen. How long is she?

crickest

Juvie Member
Not very, considering Kat doesn't think she's ever shed. I would guess maybe eight to nine inches. I mean she fits inside a cell phone purse. . . with a towel.

MelissaGray

Hatchling Member
You could possible use jewelry elastic or a small piece of velcro to hold it on. I'm still working on my design for Syd's wheelchair. I want her legs to be able to hang but not have pressure on them. Husband thinks I'm nuts.

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Sandy
I figured that we would take one day at a time. When I first adopted her, both front hands flipped forward-even when she was trying to raise her chest off of her blanket. I now notice that her left hand seems to be getting stronger. In fact, she was walking a little bit today and Tazzie tries to straighten her right hand (into the proper position) once she stops to look around..

I do reach into her little house and re-adjust her hands when she is lying down on her blanket with her hands and feet twisted. It does look uncomfortable.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Kat :)

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi friends,
Tazzie is nine and a quarter inches (nose to end of tail) Nose to vent area is five inches in length. She is a little girl :)

I doubt that she will grow any more in length. She is such a cute little pixie and she appears to be so happy everyday.
Interesting ideas for the braces. Let's hope that the calcium supplements help to strengthen her bones.
:) Kat

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Howdy all.. here are some Tazzie update pictures. The ones of her on her little blanket were taken on Saturday as she was getting ready to go to the 4th of July party. I am thrilled that the sore on her back is healing so nicely!
Thanks to all for your continued blessings and well wishes for her recovery.
Kat
Tazzieday11010.jpg

Tazzieday11007.jpg

Tazzieday11021.jpg

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi friends! This picture will really brighten up your day! Tazzie has a boyfriend! She is "in like" with Crickest's teenager beardie. His name is Spark and he is very handsome! Here is a photo I snapped of her today as she was gazing at his pictures on the computer! LOl! Tooooo funny!! :lol:

Tazzieday11035-1.jpg

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Tazzie looks quite smitten with Spark! :love10: :love10: :love10:

I'm really impressed with how well the sore on her back is healing. I hope her hand and arms will 'firm up' a bit and give her some more mobility as time goes on. You can do it Tazzie!

crickest

Juvie Member
Wow!!! I can't believe its been a week and a half, give or take a couple of days. You can see where she's gained some strength in her forearms and it looks to me as if her right hand is beginning to straighten out a bit, Her body is filling out and she's beginning to get good color on her back. Kat, you are a miracle worker and she obviously is responding incredibly well to your love and attention.

The sore on her back looks much improved. . . by next week, it looks like it'll be gone. You haven't said in awhile, but how is she eating? Is she still getting the slurry? How is her tongue doing? Has she started trying to eat live feeders? Was just curious. . .

Okay, the picture of her staring at Spark absolutely cracked me up! How funny! :laughhard:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
9 inches, wow she is a little girl. Her sore looks so much better. She also has the sweetest expression in her pictures.
I dont remember reading how things went with her at the party (or maybe I just missed it). Was she a big hit?

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
Kat, Look at her! She looks great!! You can see the scales again in her sore spot. What a pretty girl. What a lucky little bd to have someone like you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom