Reptiworms-Have your large orders lasted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike5

Hi-

I've been ordering from Reptiworms.com (very happy with them) in amounts that last about 2 weeks for Spike-he just eats them up. Would like to order more at a time and considering a large amount to last over a month so we can save on the extra shipping. We have a small counter size wine frig that we keep the worms in and that definitely seems to work. Since we haven't really had any more than 2 weeks though I was curious as to anyone else's experience with ordering large quantity's? Have they lasted well over a month...even 2?

Thanks for any advice!

Suzy

Ps Spike has been hooked on Reptiworms ever since we started putting his salad on top and he has had to hunt for them in his dish...it has made feeding time fun ;-)

Cinder9

Juvie Member
I either order 1k or 5k at a time depending on if im feeding him something else along with the worms. 5k lasts me a little over two months at 61-62 degrees so you shoukd be ok. I have had a few die when i took them out every once in a while but it wasnt more than 3 or 4.

spike5

Original Poster
Thanks-I was considering about 2k cause we are feeding him crickets as well so that was very helpful Our frig is at 54 F...sounds as if you are having good luck with the 60 F so will try that when I order this next shipment. Much appreciated!

Cinder9

Juvie Member
no problem, also in case you dont already know use the coupon code bearded20 and you get 20% off your order. it becomes extremely helpful to me when i order my 5k :D

spike5

Original Poster
I did-thanks! There's also FACEBOOK20 ;-) if you like their page! I was only able to use bearded20 once...have you been able to use it more than once? Maybe I just didn't do it right?

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Initially i was using facebook20 but then i couldnt use it anymore so i switched to bearded20. And now the bearded20 code expired for me so im back to using the facebook one :banghead: lol

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I have a question about the worms, I am going to switch to useing them in stead of crickets. My question is how many worms do your beardies eat in one feeding? I want to get a guess to how many I should order. :?: :mrgreen:

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Well it depends on the size of your dragon and the size of the worms you have at your disposal. Mine is about 19" and i feed him larges, he eats between 50-80 a day (usually). What size is yours and how old?

spike5

Original Poster
You could definitely do Medium.

Spike is about 14" but I actually mix up the small and the medium but he really could just eat the medium and the large. We keep mixing up a few small with mostly medium because he seems to like the movement...and the little ones really move! He also can wind up with 3 small ones in his mouth at once. If you don't want so many small ones then at least medium for the next shipment is my thought.

guzgal

Our beardie, cheeto, also LOVES reptiworms, esp as salad topping. Not sure what temp our mini wine fridge is, so i'll have to check, but our experience is that after about 6 weeks most of the worms have turned black (on the verge of hatching into flies) and don't wiggle so much. They're still edible, but cheeto likes them much beter when they're moving around. I believe he'd eat nothin but worms if I let him, but since he's 14mo old, I understand that he needs a bigger veggie to protein ratio, so we've cut him back to about 20 large worms/day in his salad. Anyway, that means no more 2k or 5k mega orders for us even if it is more cost effective.

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Well i was feeding mine larges at 12" and he was fine with them. Theyre not that much bigger than mediums so you could try that (more bang for your buck). At that size he'll probably eat between 20-40 a day.

I've been wanting to check into ordering some worms, where are you ordering yours from? What is the best worm for a 6 month old?

guzgal

Reptiworms.com is the site and small/medium should be good for 6mo depending on his size of course. There are sizing pix on site to help figure which is best 4 u.

Cinder9

Juvie Member
I would go with medium, small is way too small. How big is your beardie, cuz that will help determine it better than age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom