Reptaid Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanybeauty1

Hatchling Member
So I just read all 27 pages of posts about this herbal treatment and well naturally I have some questions because I'm blonde and kind of lost track. Forgive me if these questions were already asked and answered.
1. Can this product be used on Leopard Geckos?
2. Can I give all of my beardies a 10 day treatment instead of messing with stool samples? I do not ever think they have parasites but I play it safe. Uh like some previous posters, the closest reptile vet is an hr away and they are really good vets but if I can avoid the $40 charge for stool testing every 3 months, I'd be happy.
3. Did anyone determine a minimum age for using this product with?

Lk4sturns

Hatchling Member
What think about give Reptaid just as preventive, and how often. Remember right about every 3 months ?

Bye,
Scott

Going Reptile show next month, only get two year near me unless want drive 4 hours or more,I can not wait. Love some tips what to look for from breeder and B.D.

laurela

So I gave reptaid a try because I figured my beardie had something wrong and it was going to cost well over $100 to get a fecal text done. After the first 10 day treatment it seemed like if anything he was worse (possibly because it was drawing out the infection). After that I gave him a break and just got the fecal test done and he's positive for coccieia. I like the idea of natural treatments but he's been sick for a while, maybe if I had done two more 10 day rounds it would have worked but for now I'll stick to the prescription. I think maybe I'll try it as a preventative medicine a couple times a year but I didn't seem to have any luck for the initial treatment of the parasite.

rambo13

i have a female beardie she was the biggest one of all my dragons real nice color and one day she just went down hill got really skinny and every other day was laying these really slimmey eggs i got her a couple months ago on a rescue mission and cant figure out what the problem is she will drink but doesn't like to eat and just lays around all day i read this post and said to my self it was worth a shot so the other day i ordered some it arrived yesterday after noon i gave her one dose last night and today she is moving around all over she is like a whole new lizard now ive got 13 more days of treatment but if the rest of them go this way she will be good as new in no time i will keep everyone posted but as of now i have to say thanks for the post on this stuff it seems to be the way to go

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
I beleive my beardy has URI so I bought this last week, Before any symptoms arouse of course. First symptom was April 24th and thats when i began Reptaid. So 7 more days to go. Will go to the vet monday or tuesday just to get her checked out as i am super busy tomorrow. Hopefully Reptaid will do the trick!. When she opens her mouth there is a little saliva that is visible, Is that normal? Today she made another URI sound but yesterday she made none so if she does have URI its probably very mild. Wish i could get her in sooner but :( She is probably 80g and is 14 weeks old. It says to give her .05mL but that seems so little.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Flynn...
I just started my beardie on Reptaid XL. She has fungus (long, long story: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=167304 ) She weighs 180 grams and I spoke with Elliot directly. I'm only giving her .025 out of the syringe orally, the rest of the syrings is filled with water and she laps it up. You have the regular Reptaid, right, not the XL? I would just follow the instructions for your beardies weight. Hope she feels better soon...

Hugs,

Sue

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Anyone have any suggestions on an easier way to apply it topically, full strength, ALL OVER, other than with a Q-tip? Treating my beardie for fungus with it. I'm thinking of using a tiny spray bottle and misting her with it... Thoughts anyone??

Hugs,

Sue

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Maybe get a small sponge. Not the kind with the one rough side, But the kind that would be at maybe a card/scrapbooking store. My grandma has some and they are very soft so it wouldnt hurt the beardy or anything. Cut it so its easy to hold but small enough. a q-tip i think would get stuck on their scales, Is this why you want to look for a new way? A sponge imo would be better then a Q-tip but probably isnt the best out there.

On my update.. Seems to have worked so far if it was URI. She is making no more sounds what so ever! :D She just now seems to like to be in her hide all the time. She is still very active and eating the same and going potty so, maybe she just likes it in there.. Her hide she goes into is right under the basking light so the heat comes through as well.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Hi Flynn-thanks for the sponge suggestion. I would'nt have thought of that! Don't have anything like that handy so I did just spray it over her tonight (except her head area, used a Q-tip there). Used a lot more Reptaid than I thought it would. Glad to hear your girl is doing better, hopefully she'll stop hiding soon and stay on the healthy path!

Hugs,

Sue

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Thanks :) I might search and see if there is anything wrong with her. She eats the same and i inject her Dubia with water so shes getting water. Her head is shedding but she didnt do this before. Maybe its the reptaid? Anyone else experience their dragon laying in their hides most the day while using Reptaid? Dust her dubia with calcium as well after i inject a few plain ones with the Reptaid.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
I've been treating Dino with Reptaid XL for ONE WEEK.

This is how her tail looked when I started her bath tonight:
DSCN0889.jpg

This is what her tail looks like AFTER!
DSCN0891.jpg

Her yellow belly shed! That's the black skin that shed from her tail too!
DSCN0892.jpg

I've been trying everything to get that crud off her tail... a week on Reptaid XL did that to her tail! She started to develop the black spots in February. They've only been getting bigger and bigger. Until NOW! Wow, I'm in awe right now! You can find Dino's whole story here to find out everything we've gone through:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=167304

Hugs,

Sue

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Elliot, I e-mailed you guys but you sent me a bottle of regular Reptaid instead of the XL that I ordered.

In the meantime how much of the regular Reptaid should I give my 379g beardie?

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
poor dino i hope he is feeling better now let us know how he gets on using the reptaid, i have started using it on my beardie for a week now and the difference in him is amazing before his appetite was awful he never used to eat much or nothing at all never pooped for the longest was a week! he never basked just layed down most of the day and what i thought was him just being lazy but it wasn't he was defiantly not very well so i thought for the sake of £23 why not and oh my god he is like a new beardie like back to his childhood style so much more active eats everything poops everyday or every other day now basks as he should for ages his behavior is back to normal and his color is so much better i didn't believe it would work at first or at least not this quick! it really is amazing stuff THAT WORKS as it says i would and will recommend this to anyone great stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom