Red Leather Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikek6508

Quiek question. Do you think my new beardie is a red leather back ?

013_zps201b374e.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
The picture is out of focus so I'm having a hard time seeing. He's at least a leatherback. With the fussy picture, he also looks like he could be a silkback.

He does have a lot of red. Was he sold to you as a "red leatherback"? If he has red parents, it is possible that he could get more red with each shed. But the really red ones are very red as babies, too.

Do you have a better picture? One that's not out of focus and brighter, preferably natural light.

Burra

Hatchling Member
He is a leather back, but not too sure about the red. As a previous poster stated, most reds are bright red as babies. But you never know, he may get brighter as he gets bigger. Either way, he has great markings and colorings! Very cute leather back!

mikek6508

Original Poster
No I do not know what the parents look like. I purchased him from Craigslist from a "backyard breeder"

zabeardie

Hatchling Member
That beardie is definitely a leatherback, possibly even a silkback. He has pretty colors and no doubt he's going to get a lot more red by each shed. :) Congrats! He looks really in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom