recommendations to fill an empty tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybergimp

got a proper sized tank for my bearded dragon so now i have an empty tank and im not sure what to do, either try to sell it or fill it with something scaley....
its one of these
PT-2612_Glass_Terrarium_Filled.jpg

without all the crap in it tho

measurements are 24w 18d 24h i think.
what would fit in this at full size if anything.
and what would they need. snakes and lizards id be mostly interested in hearing about but anything

Cybergimp

Original Poster
i know.
as i was saying i just took one out of it.. looking for someting different. and something that would fit in this at full size... as in fully grown

Cybergimp

Original Poster
I disagree! wolfman tom.
not sure if i want anything just checking what would work well in this tank then if i want it.
any geckos that are well suited for handleing and such?

Dantro

Sub-Adult Member
There are so many species you could fit into one of those its best to ask yourself "what do i wanna keep?" ... or we could be here all day just naming small species of snakes, lizards and amphibians! :D

Cybergimp

Original Poster
i just wanna know what would fit in it happily when fully grown.. hmm more detail so, something i can handle often, something interesting most likely a snake or lizard..
anyone with any suggestions?

Dantro

Sub-Adult Member
I think ur better going for a snake for handling purposes as most small lizards will be quick and maybe not the best things to handle ... as for small snakes, where do u start .. Corns? ..
If you arent worried about handling then anoles, Stendodactylus Geckos, day geckos, crested gecko, maybe a crested they seem to handle ok?

Cybergimp

Original Poster
yeh i was looking at a thread on geckos just now, someone said that crested geckos dont need much lighting heating etc, any links to good caresheeets? otherwise ill find my own but just wondering.
day geckos look cool hmmm ill go look anyway
suppose i could resist taking them out anyway. how hard are chameleons to keep? i know you shouldnt handle them btw, how much space do they need when fully grown? ive always wanted one of them

Dantro

Sub-Adult Member
Depends how experienced you are cos chams can be tricky, there are dwarf species, but these may even be harder to deal with.
Cresties may be ur best bet, come in a variety of morphs, easy to keep and handle quite well.

Rachella

Juvie Member
Chameleons are definitely a more difficult reptile to keep, they're prone to stress and health problems easier than other reptiles as well as strict husbandry guidelines. They also required screened in cages, so a glass cage wouldn't be recommended at all.

I'd go with a gecko or an anole, or some other small lizard or snake.

Cybergimp

Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":bbe3f said:
I say another baby BD......

yeh i know but then id have to buy a ful sized tank at some point. im resisting them myself they have some down at the pet shop.
but i have one adult'ish one and im happy enough

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Maby a water dragon or super worms or even hornworms!! Your guy would love you even more!! :blob5: :D Or you could put it up for sale.. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom