READ: friend carnt decide...CAT OR BEARDIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
very true, but in a sense you snuggle, ie when you put them to sleep in there blackets and what not,
true you will never get the same expeirence with hairy animal but just becuase they are spikey doesnt say they canrt have snuggles :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
GlenCOCO I had to laugh at the link you posted to Animal Planet...:lol:
Did you read the caption below the video? :shock: :lol:

The Toxoplasma parasite, which is nearly indestructible, enters the body when humans ingest infected cat feces. It can do serious damage to a weakened immune system, eating the body's tissues from the inside out.

I can't remember the last time I ingested cat feces. :lol:

Keep in mind that if you ingest beardie feces you may end up with salmonella. :lol:

I have both cats and beardies and they are both great pets. However one of the things that you might point out is that a beardie makes their mess in a viv...where the cat makes theirs everywhere in the house. :lol:

Also with a beardie you can not just go out of town anytime you like anymore...without having a sitter or taking your beardie with you. It's not like with a cat where you could put out enough food and water along with access to the outdoors or a litter box.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies would be my choice hands down!!!!! I have had several different animals in my life time,dogs,cats,hamsters,guinea pigs,rabbits............My absolute favorite is beardies. Dogs, cats,etc......have hair(fur) to deal with,beardies don't,dogs,cats,etc.....will do their business whereever they please(yes I know you can train them) but let me give you an example:the last dog I had was great for a little while,used puppy pads etc......THEN all of a sudden he would wait until he came back in the house,run for my carpet and poop EVERY where he could find a clean spot of carpet,meaning I had to get on my hands and knees and clean up after him,when finished drinking he would turn over his water bowl,again with the clean up. My cat used the litter box for the longest time,THEN he decided the bath tub was his litter box(I was the only one who would clean up after him,again with the clean up) hair everywhere,clothes,bed etc...........Now he is outside........I have 2 beardies in my house in seperate vivs,they poop in the tub most of the time,wipe it out with a little bleach,or if they do poop in their vivs,wet wipe up,deep clean 2 times a month,NO hair,complete cuddle bugs AND I DO MEAN CUDDLE BUGS,when they get out the will crawl up an sit on my shoulder or roam around on their leashes(to prevent wandering too far) When we get them out for bedtime,both will crawl around on us for a bit and then crawl up to our necks for nightly snuggles and wiggle their little bodies for a more comfy spot and go to sleep. I have never had such wonderful conversation starters and they are very friendly. Sorry this was so long.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Haha thanks for that,
she dosent like cleaning 2 much so i think beardie is NUMBER 1 at the mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wippie!
keep em coming!! :D

glenCOCO

fresnowitte":74a52 said:
I can't remember the last time I ingested cat feces. :lol:

I think you're taking it way too literal. You can ingest cat feces if you don't wash your hands properly after cleaning their litterbox. Also, if some particles stick to your cat and it sits on the sofa and you unknowingly come in contact with it then eat something, you can put yourself at risk for infection.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Is it also harmfull to ingest Beardie feces, evan though your less likely 2...

sbattisti

Juvie Member
I enjoy my new beardie, and am new to slavedom, but I LOVE my cats. If I had no pets and had to choose, I'd absolutely go with a cat first.

Reading a book with a cat on my lap on a cold, rainy day = heaven.

But, like I said, I've only been infected for a brief time now. I'm sure I'll come around eventually. :)

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
If your friend is not a beardie person don't persuade them to get a beardie over a cat. I personally think taking care of a cat is easier then a beardie. I would rather see someone take in a cat then a beardie if they are not suited to taking care of them properly.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Good new guys!
she got her self a beardie, we went viv shopping and got a nice big tank,
Its a beautiful beardie at 12 inches :)
im soo glad she got one :)
im gunna have to get her to join!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom