Re: PeeWees Great Adventures, Pee's New Friend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Stacey, I know right?!? Did you see the vendor with the beardies in the black tubs?!? That was right about when I decided I'd had enough and left. :angry5:

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
My boyfriend, who hates crowded places, was getting mad because I would stop longer for the beardies and most of them were in tiny tiny tubs! Or have a few sub adults/adults in the same tank (They were on top of each other trying to scratch their way out). I kept thinking that they had to of been like that in tubs all day Saturday and all day Sunday, then to wherever they go next! Can you say leg cramp!?
I wanted to "save" them all! I just hope that when the expo closed they actually had bigger tanks to be in.

But for the one all beardie breeder, he was pretty nice. He had an enclosure with four seperate holdings, and really pretty babies. He even had two older beardies for people to touch and see outside the tanks. I think he had a decent setup.

I'm not sure if I want go to the next expo... I do... but then I don't...

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I completely agree with you and Michelle. The expo this year was so disappointing and it's a bummer this was your first experience. Last year was my first expo and I've got to say it was awesome, so I really had high expectations for this year and it turned out to be a total bust. I was getting overly upset about the lll reptile booth with all of the reptiles stacked on top of one another in rows in those small plastic tubs. My heart hurt when I saw that, one of the baby savannah monitors was freaking out being at the bottom of the stack.. Most of those reptiles looked so dehydrated and sick. My stomach was literally turning standing there looking at them, my fiance had to pull me away I felt terrible leaving them in hell. I really actually liked the beardie breeder you're talking about Stacey. I can't remember his name or the company, but he was so informative and his babies were the only healthy, safe looking bearded dragons I saw. His set up was clean, the cages were organized with the number of beardies in each being appropriate as well. We were so upset about the feeder situation too. I was so looking forward to bringing home silk worms, horn worms, and phoenix worms for my babies to try before I order a bunch. All that was available was what I can buy anywhere everyday :angry5: And most of the feeders they did have were in awful shape, I wouldn't feed it to a garbage can let alone my live healthy reptile. In all the disappointment I will say a few great things happend. Of course running in to Michelle and her family was super awesome, her daughter is adorable! Also getting Daisy and seeing all the healthy cute baby uros was a highlight too. Probably the best for me the entire 45 minutes we were in the expo was seeing those affectionate tegus. I've never seen a large one in person and haven't been able to get a good look at a baby before either. I had no idea they were so sweet and loveable. He was begging us to pet him and desperately wanted to be held and carried around like a baby. Jeffrey now has the bug for one :banghead: :laughing6: I am glad it wasn't just me being negative or in a bad mood and other people noticed the poor quality this year too. Hopefully next year will be better, Stacey if I were you I'd give it a chance next year because I know it how amazing it can be. Oh yea the goodie bag is so lame, unless you have hermit crabs or turtles I guess.. Last year the bag was actually a reusable grocery bag, this year plastic dinky bag..WTF?!?!

I am still not feeling great, and can't eat super nauseous.. I'll post pictures tomorrow.. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Hope everyone had a fantastic time with their human families and scaled ones too. My babies each had their own personal feast of their fav num nums! Chloe was the happiest I've seen her, and PeeWee stuffed himself silly! He was soooo silly today I loved it.

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry you're still not feeling well Kaleen, hopefully that will pass soon. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving day, though & that Chloe and PeeWee had lots of treats! I'm off to bed, but hope to hear that you're feeling better soon.

So Tegus, we had one for a little while but she was a biter and not at all tame, so we had to give her to another tegu owner, being in an apartment with lots of beardies. Now I'm in an even smaller apartment with 5 beardies and a gecko, so there is no more room. Wonder how Walter would feel with a tegu in the house? He's a real sweetie! Michelle posted a pic of him in Myah's thread to show Myah's owner Holly what he looked like, he is really sweet!
Take care,
Deb

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":du0oxej0 said:
I'm sorry you're still not feeling well Kaleen, hopefully that will pass soon. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving day, though & that Chloe and PeeWee had lots of treats! I'm off to bed, but hope to hear that you're feeling better soon.

So Tegus, we had one for a little while but she was a biter and not at all tame, so we had to give her to another tegu owner, being in an apartment with lots of beardies. Now I'm in an even smaller apartment with 5 beardies and a gecko, so there is no more room. Wonder how Walter would feel with a tegu in the house? He's a real sweetie! Michelle posted a pic of him in Myah's thread to show Myah's owner Holly what he looked like, he is really sweet!
Take care,
Deb
Thank you Deb, I really hope I feel better too. I've been fighting getting extremely sick, and I've been able to keep it at bay for a while but it's finally roaring to a head. I haven't felt this horrible and sick in a long long time. On top of everything else I am dealing with health wise, I am physically done. My body won't push any further, and I just hope that I am feeling decent for Christmas.. I am not doing anything but sitting and I still feel like I was mining coal for 16 hours or something! I literally look like hell, I can't even hide it right now, if you see me you know exactly how I feel right now! I feel terrible because I have said I'll post pictures tomorrow and tomorrow comes and I still don't post any pictures. I have a ton to post too, but I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I will get it done eventually, at some point. Even though I haven't post pictures lately I am still taking them, so you won't miss a beat. When I do post pictures I'll post all of them so you'll be up to date on Mr. PeeWee! He 's still up to his silly antics and he's as sweet as can be. He wants to be attached to me all day, and go wherever I go. Even when he's out for play and roam time he follows me around. If Jeffrey is trying to play with him he comes to find me or runs to me. Jeffrey thinks I trained him to do that! He's sleeping on my hip all nestled in to me. PeeWee is going to be super jealous when Sunny wakes up and I play and snuggle with her. He doesn't mind Chloe being with me so much, but when I have the uros or Walter out with me he freaks out. He wants his mama all to himself, my sweet boy! hahaha
Oh I also have pictures of my ring to post. I got it tonight when I picked Jeffrey's parents up from the airport. The family jeweler is in Oklahoma, so while his parents were there for Thanksgiving the picked it up and brought it home. They were too nervous to have it sent through the mail. When I pulled up to the curb to pick them up, his Mom was standing there with the ring box smiling so big. I think she was more excited than I was. I actually started to cry when I put it on, I'm not really a crier so I was blushing too. His parents thought it was adorable. I really love Jeffrey, and when I look at this ring I see us and the love we have for one another. It's silly how a ring can mean so much, but it does. It became more real to me having the ring we picked out together. The babies seem to approve, they all licked it and of course leave it to PeeWee to try to eat it! Little piggy!
Well friends that's it for me. I am going to try to get more sleep, it's hard when you can't breathe from congestion and your ears are plugged.. I also don't have a voice, I think Jeffrey is ok with that...only kidding!

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hope you get rid of that cold soon, no wonder you're not feeling well. It's bad enough recovering from your treatments, add a cold and of course you're knocked out. I'm so glad you got your ring :love5: of course you see you and Jeffrey every time you look at it, that's what it represents! I never had a real engagement ring, but I did inherit my grandmother's & had it redone & I'll never take it off, even though I'm widowed. It means so much to me as I loved my nanny so much. She was engaged in 1922 and the ring was very worn when I received it, plus I lost the original diamond (talk about heartbreak!) so when I got my bonus from work, my s-i-l took it to her jeweler and he remade it keeping the flower motif. It looks wonderful. So I so know how you feel about your ring! Don't worry about pics, just get better 1st. We'll all wait...just hearing how PeeWee reacts to everyone else who wants your attention is priceless, he's such a love. I love that he's attached to you, he must feel that you're under the weather and feels he has magical properties & will make you well and wouldn't that be great. So sleep as much as you can to get rid of that nasty bug and get some of your strength back. Take good care of yourself Kaleen!
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
115866d1336305195-being-sick-sucks-get_well_soon.gif

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Sweet Kaleen,

Hemi and I are sending hugs to you, hope you feel better soon. Being that sick is the pits! You sure have had your share of sickness, enough of this business already, these nasty germs need to move on! Can't wait for pictures, that means you are better!

Take care of yourself dear!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thinking about you Kaleen, hope you can get your strength back and feel better real soon.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much Lori, Deb, Gina, Hemilover, and Diane for the well wishes. I am actually feeling a bit better today and have had some energy, but chose to be lazy to see if I can't feel even better tomorrow too! I'm still having difficulty eating, but in time that will come I've always had an excellent appetite. It might be nice to slow down on food for a bit :roll: :lol: Well I can't stop staring at my ring today, and PeeWee can't stop trying to eat it, little rascal he is :roll: :wink: I love him so much he can do no wrong. Yes of course he's attached to my hip right now, has been since early this morning. During my breaks from PeeWee while he was basking, Miss Chloe needed some help shedding. Poor girl was so itchy and uncomfortable, so I let her soak in a nice warm bath for a good 35min. She had a blast, after swimming for a bit she would climb out of the sink and look at her self in the mirror for a bit, then dive head first back in to the sink :laughing6: :love5: She was so happy, and in the meantime all of the shed on her back peeled right off. Her new colors are amazing, so beautiful I can't believe it. Chloe was still very grouchy today so she was not having any pictures. Speaking of pictures I finally uploaded everything to Photobucket :mrgreen: :blob8: :blob8: :mrgreen: Yeah it only took me an hour or so of fighting with it to make it cooperate and just finally upload. So I will start with Mr PeeWee, brace yourselves he's a big boy now!
My big cuddle bug..
483534_409626085773755_1763423543_n.jpg

542798_409626109107086_1028584157_n.jpg

32379_409626125773751_740670804_n.jpg

14373_409626142440416_1428134423_n.jpg

46256_409626162440414_839427704_n.jpg

305689_409626182440412_2144449569_n.jpg

My handsome boy!
531120_409626069107090_696681080_n.jpg

302758_409626055773758_1761467522_n.jpg

16083_409626035773760_2012079706_n.jpg

306041_409626015773762_687442174_n.jpg

396653_409625995773764_181889478_n.jpg

643938_409625979107099_1931319107_n.jpg

602324_409625962440434_593289332_n.jpg

558923_409625949107102_1924763683_n.jpg

215990_409625925773771_1049145993_n.jpg

I caught him sexy legging it in his enclosure, so sexy!!
63741_409625912440439_1831262325_n.jpg

532188_409625895773774_965284928_n.jpg

14224_409625852440445_959133364_n.jpg

63384_409625835773780_509867133_n.jpg

179365_409625819107115_1401100535_n.jpg

Last but not least, I wanted to share my ring with all of you, so here's a couple pictures of it brand new still in the box. I need to get a manicure before I post photos of it on my hand!
302885_409638302439200_1497929622_n.jpg

18235_409638282439202_1125451192_n.jpg

I think it's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen! I still can't believe it's all mine, I have never owned anything so gorgeous. I hope you all think it's beautiful too, and I really hope you've enjoyed seeing all the pictures of PeeWee. He's getting so big, he hasn't shed in a few weeks, but it looks like his tail and legs are about ready to go into shed any day now. I need to weigh and measure him, but that's a whole other project. We almost bought a scale at the expo for $40 simply because we can not stand going to walmart, even to buy a $10 scale real quick. I'm going to just go do it this week, it's a good thing to have for all of our babies. Well Walter will probably only get weighed at his check ups at the vet, unless he can fit on the human scale.. I also have pictures of his enclosure to post, and of the new baby Daisy, but I think this is enough for tonight. Pardon my rambling and please enjoy the photos!! Keep sending those well wishes, I believe they are working!!!

-Kaleen

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You weren't kidding when you said that PeeWee's getting so big. Look at his little roley poley tummy! And seeing that I have the same tree branch, I know exactly how big he is now :D

I have to agree that that IS a beautiful ring. Absolutely gorgeous!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Goonie":37noddpu said:
You weren't kidding when you said that PeeWee's getting so big. Look at his little roley poley tummy! And seeing that I have the same tree branch, I know exactly how big he is now :D

I have to agree that that IS a beautiful ring. Absolutely gorgeous!
Yup he's my big sweet chubba wubba! I love him he really is the best! Thank you Gina, we think it's quite gorgeous too!

-Kaleen

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Wow he's huge now I can't believe how fast he's growing and that tummy is just wonderful lol :lol:

Btw that ring is very nice it looks really good

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":2zeszxrg said:
Wow he's huge now I can't believe how fast he's growing and that tummy is just wonderful lol :lol:

Btw that ring is very nice it looks really good
:lol: :lol: Yeah his belly is one of my favorite things, he's ticklish there too. Thank you, I really do love my ring, I am very lucky.

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom