Re: PeeWees Great Adventures, Pee's New Friend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmwelch

Thanks Kaleen, he will be 5 months old in a few days. He is a very happy boy, as long as I keep supplying lots of food. He is my personal little Hoover as he vacuums up every bit of food that i put in front of him.

Loved the picture of Deb and her boys.

Wendy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Wow Wendy, Sinclair is a cutie pie! He's nice and red I love it. It's always hard to tell in pictures, but he looks a little bigger than PeeWee.. As soon as I get a scale I will post PeeWee's weight and then we will know how close they are. It would be neat if they could hang out and do beardie stuff!
Great news, my ring was ordered and I should have it by November 23rd! It's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, and I'm so excited to wear it forever! I will miss my loaner, actually I think my sister is going to miss it the most, but I am ready for my ring! All the excitement and activities over the last week have left me totally exhausted. Throughout the planning of this wedding I am going to have to make certain I get plenty of time for rest and taking care of me. I feel terrible I haven't posted any pictures of PeeWee lately, but I am seriously so tired. Tomorrow I finally have a day to do nothing and I am so looking forward to it. PeeWee will definitely be having a much overdue photo shoot. I swear he's grown since the last pictures I posted last week. He's still so full of personality and so funny, but mostly the sweetest little dragon. He loves kisses so much, not only getting them but giving them too! Every night he tries to steal my favorite blanket I like to snuggle up on the couch with. Well he thinks it belongs to him and gives me such a glare when I try to get comfortable. Jeffrey thinks we should cut up some pieces of the blanket for all the babies seeing as how they all love it so much, but PeeWee would get the biggest piece of course. Hopefully I'll have more to talk about and plenty of pictures to post tomorrow. Honestly I am so exhausted I know PeeWee and Chloe understand because they've been so calm and docile the last few days. PeeWee looks at me like "it's okays Mama, we haz sleeps now."... He just sits and watches tv on me, the other day I had him out and he was sitting on my knees watching tv. Well being so tired I fell asleep for maybe 15min, I woke up in a panic like omg where is PeeWee. He made his way back to his cage and was sitting on the door rail watching me look all over for him! Okay tomorrow I promise I will be more lively. Hope everyone is doing well, and feeling great!

-Kaleen

wmwelch

Kaleen,
I am betting that Peewee really is bigger than he was last week if he is growing anywhere near the rate that my little piggy Sinclair is. I weighed him yesterday, and he had gained 14 grams in 4 days and 21 grams last week. I was amazed.

Looking forward to seeing Peewee's next photo shoot.

Wendy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Tomorrow is the reptile expo!!! Michelle(Dooter) and her family are going to caravan with Jeffrey and I, it's going to be a blast!! I'm going to take as many pictures as I can so I can share them with all of you. Along with stocking up on necessities for the babies uvb bulbs, basking bulbs, new hides, a big log for Walter, we may finally buy Jeffrey his female uro! He wants Dougie to have a girlfriend, we will name her Daisy :lol: We'll see if her and Dougie get along, if not she'll have her own house. Apparently uros do very well with cohabitation, so we'll see what happens. Dougie is a little sweetheart, he's a big snuggler, I bet he would love a Daisy to share his ginormous house with.
Before I go, Mr. PeeWee says hello!!!
409333_397745833628447_353266856_n.jpg

Whatchu lookin at?!
530820_400865459983151_267108198_n.jpg

My chubba wubba!
46008_402753163127714_1348719940_n.jpg

I promise there will be a ton of pictures tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Friday night, try to stay out of trouble! I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight I am so excited!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Will be looking forward to an update on the expo. Thanks for the pics, he's hard to recognize anymore. The first pic is as if he's claiming your leg! Have fun tomorrow!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
FranktheTank":mi0cojib said:
My chubba wubba!
46008_402753163127714_1348719940_n.jpg
smiley1681.gif
THAT's PeeWee?! That little roly poly is the same itty bitty PeeWee?! Are you sure? Did you make a blow up doll that looks just like him and had been inflating him a little more each week? :laughing6:

Have a blast at the expo. Be sure to take tons of pics of the exotics.
Are the babies going to have a play date afterwards?

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well today was PeeWees 5 month birthday!! I can't believe how fast he's growing. He's so big now, yes Goonie that is the same PeeWee. I swear he gets bigger everyday! A cute thing happened tonight, PeeWee and Chloe were sleeping on the babysitter blankie next to me on the bed. Well the weren't anywhere near each other just to be safe. I had to go to the bathroom, when I came back PeeWee had found where Chloe was and nestled his nose right up against hers! I carefully climbed back on the bed as to not disturb them and have Chloe freak out. Well she woke up anyway and licked PeeWee, then nestled right back down with their noses touching! Soooo adorable! All PeeWee wants is to play with everyone and snuggle with everyone at night night time.
This weekend was a big one, first off we finished Walters cage and moved him in! He was so excited literally running from one end to the other back and forth for a good hour. Then he dug about 4 large burrows, after that he stretched out on his log and took a nap only to wake up and do it all over again! We still have to adjust a few things here and there with the lighting, build him a platform for basking, build a ramp for him to use when he's to big to lift, and find him a giant log for when he's bigger. For now his cage is fine so over the next couple of weeks we'll make those adjustments for him and it'll be perfect!
Sadly to say the expo was a bust.. It was overly crowded chaos and not a lot of great vendors like last year. Even the big name vendors like lll reptile and zoomed reptile their set ups were smaller and had way less deals to offer this year. In fact most of the prices went up and were the same as they are in retail stores. Last year there were soooo many cool exotics and Jeffrey took so many awesome pictures, this year was a disappointment. It was all beardies and snakes, and all the beardies were itty bitty babies. I'm not a snake person at all so there wasn't anything to take photos of. I was planning on getting feeders but again the only thing they had were things I can buy at my local shop. They didn't have any worms and no roaches, the only guy that had crickets most of them were dead or dying.. The one cool thing we saw was a giant black and white tegu that was display only and he was soo cute. All he wanted was pets and rubs from Jeffrey and I. He kept trying to follow us when we tried to walk away, Jeffrey grabbed his big cheeks it was so funny! I want a tegu now, but we really don't have the room for another giant cage like Walters! The other great thing from the expo is our new female mali uro named Daisy! She's such a sweetie and has the cutest little face. She's a lot smaller than Dougie and we were worried as we didn't know if Doug would be territorial and we'd have to separate them. Luckily Dougie seems to be fine with having Daisy in his house. We tricked him into thinking it was a whole new set up by taking everything out bleaching the whole tank, putting all new seed in, bleaching all the rocks slate tile and caves. I also bought a new food bowl so Doug wouldn't think it was his. We introduced Doug to Daisy by putting them in about an inch of hot hot water at the same time. He hardly noticed her at first, then he went over to her licked her and ran away. When they both wanted out because the water was chilled we set them in the newly cleaned and set up tank at the same time. Dougie ran around like it was a completely different tank, Daisy explored, ate and then climbed on a rock to bask. After a while Dougie ran over to Daisy licked her several times and then stared at her for a long time. We watched them all night, but it's been fine. We put two of the same cave on the hot end, well they both want to be in the same cave! Dougie goes in first and then she slowly makes her way in to snuggle up to him for the night. I woke up today before lights on to make sure Doug didn't freak out on her when he woke up. Well it was more of the same today, they basked together, napped, ate, and explored together too. Hopefully they will be happy together, We will keep a close eye on them for a while, the first sign of aggression or unhappiness Daisy gets her own digs!
I have more pictures to post of PeeWee, Daisy and Dougie and Walters house, but Photobucket is being a jerk! I'll try again tomorrow I need to go to bed now..

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry the Expo was a bust, but I'm glad you found Daisy. Sounds like Dougie is in Uro heaven to have a partner & sounds like they're getting along really well. Harold sounds like he just LOVES his new home, it'll be nice to see pics. And Chloe and PeeWee slept together without a problem, that's such a good sign. Maybe now you can have them out together for a bit to see how they react to each other in play time. PeeWee is growing so much, it's amazing! Who would have thought he'd get so big from starting out so small!

Hope you had a good sleep, sounds like all is well in your reptile world! Good news!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't uploaded the pictures yet... I haven't been feeling well and fighting with Photobucket is too much work. I am exhausted and have had such busy days this last week. Thanksgiving will be a much needed break from the daily grind, but I am having a difficult time eating lately . At least I won't overdue it and eat so much I feel like I'm going to explode like I usually do on Thanksgiving.. If Photobucket cooperates I plan on posting several pitures of all the haps lately.. So I'll be back in the morning after I get some sleep.. Talk to you soon!!!

-Kaleen

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Not to get side tracked on this thread but I went to the same reptile expo (Mesa, right?).
I was not happy. I got sooo excited for months because this was my first one. It was so crowded I could barely see anything.
I really wanted to buy a different CHE or better feeders. Like you said, the prices were the same as petsmart/petco and the feeders were mealworms/superworms/crickets. I was upset about that too, I've never seen phoenix worms or silkworms or anything like that. I wanted to try it out.

I only stayed there like 30-45 minutes because I was being rushed and I was upset seeing all those reptiles in small tubs. A couple beardies couldn't even turn around if they wanted too. And yeah.. snakes. Lots of snakes.

I'm happy to hear you got an uro out of it! I wanted to get a beardie so bad but the prices weren't right for me. And some of the babies were wayyy too small.

(Sorry.. I guess I wanted to rant about the expo to someone.)

*And the goodie bag, I can't use anything in it. Only for turtles, hermit crabs, water animals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom