Rayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, so one of my beardies that we hatched last year came back to me today. She was one of my favorites and she had a stubby tail from a brother or sister chasing a cricket. Apparently she has been refusing almost all food for about 6 months now. So the person I had given her to brought her home to me today. She is only about 9.5 inches long and seems very skittish. She is also intensely stressed. Hopefully, I can get her eating and happy again!

DSCF0857.jpg

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0861.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aww....:love5: Gratz Christene and Rayne.

I'm glad to see that she's back in your hands I'm sure you will beable to do her good. :wink:
Personally I hate when this happens to me it's so heartbreaking when you find out one of your babies isn't doing as well as you'd like. :cry:

Welcome Home Rayne! :D

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, what a cute, loving little face. :love5:
I hope you'll be able to get her to eat normally.
Good luck with her! :wave:

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
After taking 10 minutes trying to convince her she wanted to eat, she ate 1 dubia and 3 superworms and one piece of collard green.

Trying to convince her she wanted to eat was a trip, she keeps putting her head down like she is being dominated. I did find out that she was sharing her enclosure with 3 other female dragons. I'm thinking after a while of being on her own, she might have a complete turn around... I hope!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, did these people now realize they need their own space? I am confident you'll get her all back on track!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
OgleRpets":3cimhna9 said:
Trying to convince her she wanted to eat was a trip, she keeps putting her head down like she is being dominated. I did find out that she was sharing her enclosure with 3 other female dragons. I'm thinking after a while of being on her own, she might have a complete turn around... I hope!
Aww... :( how sad that she was housed with several others and is now acting the way she is. :) She will come around quickly with your love and her solitude. :)
Poor little girl. :( Give her extra snuggles from me please. :wink:

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Will give her lots of snuggles! The three she was housed with are still being housed together, not much I can do about it though.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
We can only save so many Christene...I hope that the others will be okay.

Rayne doesn't seem in to bad of shape other than thin and maybe small. I know your TLC will pull her back into thriving again. She's a pretty girl just thin. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Christene, thank goodness these people had enough sense to give her back to you to care for, instead of just letting her keep going downhill.
Rayne has such a sweet face. I'm sure with your TLC she'll turn out to be the sweetest girl ever, and pleasantly plump.

Hugs to you and Rayne.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She is so scared! She can be basking and seeming okay but if she notices anyone watching she scurries under her hide as fast as she can. She reminds me of a seriously beat dog. I wish I knew more but I'm afraid to ask.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Awww, I am just now catching up on this thread. That is so sad they let her live like that. I am Glad you have her back. She is in good hands now.
She looks so sad in that last pic. She is beautiful though. I know you will have her eating and running around happy in no time.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Christene lots of conversation and snuggles should help pull her out of that...poor baby. :cry:

It could have something to do with being housed with so many others...but then again you never know. :roll:

How did she do today?

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She only ate her salad today. I'm thinking about getting her some baby food chicken and turkey in the morning. I bought some butternut squash to shred for everyone in the morning. I just don't want to force her mouth open to place a bug in there it just seems rude. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom