R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Franklin is back? YAY!!!!! I'm sure he went looking for a place to hide to wait out the tropical storm and floodings.
So both Franklin and Fergie are in the pond? Are they getting along?

diamc":c8x7kzlz said:
I just looked out the window and Franklin stared back at me. :mrgreen:
:D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes Gina, Franklin was in the water garden this morning. :D I couldn't believe my eyes. If you go back to the previous page, you can read all the details and about the close call, I thought Franklin had been crushed by rocks. :shock: But, he was ok. Tonight just before dark, I went out to tell them good night, Franklin was making his croaking and glub glub sounds while looking directly at me, then I heard Fergie making his sounds too although they are muffled since he is younger. When Franklin heard him, he made even more noise. :lol: Franklin likes to chase him and have Fergie dive under the water but I haven't seen any serious issues and I hope I don't.

Also on the previous page are pictures of Misty in her new vivarium that she likes very much. I even posted a picture of Judas & Gizmo so you'll have to check them out. :wink:

MissT

BD.org Addict
diamc":3065s4ph said:
No, I've never had any bloodwork done on him. I've thought about it but he is so small and gets stressed so easily, I'm afraid that he wouldn't be able to handle it. :( I did have the vet check him when he had the bad URI and he agreed with me that his muscle tone had deteriorated and that the best thing to do was try to keep him as comfortable and stress-free as possible. I think he may actually be older than 7 yrs and had such a rocky start that he may not be able to bounce back. So, I just am trying to encourage him to eat and to help him in any way that I can. It's a sad situation. I'm hopeful that he likes this CC although he wasn't very fond of banana baby food when I tried that once. He did eat 7 baby roaches today though as well as licking off some cherry liquid calcium and green bean with chicken baby food.
So, the Arcadia bulb is a tube, do you have a standard hood to put it in or are you using a regular fluorescent holder? If a standard hood, you could buy metal shelf brackets and bend the top part so that it bends over the top of the tank, figure out the distance and then the bottom part up so that it holds the hood.

Probably best not to stress Gizmo out like that! Thankfully, Kazi has never lost too much muscle- he has always been very 'well built' tho and most of his weight is muscle so I think that has helped him
out- even when he loses a little he still has a good amount there. The blood draw is very stressful- Kazi goes into full stressed out black beard, black tail and sunken head mode when he has one- it had me on the brink of tears last day that I put him through that so I do agree that blood tests wouldn't be the best idea for Gizmo.

Being that little bit older, it is probably taking him that little but longer to bounce back. There is a vitamin b complex in Kazi's new elixir and I think it is really helping with his energy levels and desire to eat and do things! But at least Giz is interested in food most days so hopefully that will help him with gaining weight slowly. It took Kazi a while to get used to the taste of the CC but once he got used to it, I only had to use minimal force (ie putting the syringe into the side of his mouth to get him licking!) hopefully you can use Brandons method with Giz since he is eating.

Our bulbs are just attached to controllers so it's just 2 'plastic' ends attached to the bulb so I have to figure out a way to get the 2 wires to stay on the ceiling so the ends can hang down (if that makes any sense!LOL!) I have been pm'ing Francis quite a lot in preparation for it!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Christina, I've been adding a pinch of brewer's yeast or Vitamin B1 to his baby food once in while as well as Calci-Blast but not sure if any of them help or not, but I just keep trying. I haven't given up and really am hopeful that he will take the CC and like it.

That must have been very hard seeing Kazi like that. :( Him having good muscle tone has to be helping him.

Great that Frances is working with you to figure something out with his UVB. She is always so helpful.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Sara, it seems great to see and hear him again. I think he missed us as much as we missed him. :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I will post pics of both of them tomorrow. Franklin's eyes are just amazing.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
That's good news that Franklin returned. :D

Misty's new viv looks great! Lot's of lounging room for her. :)
I loved the last pic of her...she's looking quite a bit like her daddy these days. :)

Special snuggles to Giz!
Keep eating baby boy.

Hugs and snuggles to all!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes, Franklin's back but I don't think he's too awfully happy. We've had SO much rain lately that the level of the water garden is up to the top, the only thing holding the water and the frogs in right now, is the rocks on the outer edge. Plus, we don't go out to see them or talk to them much because of the heavy rain.

Misty does have a lot of lounging areas. Rather than using the ramp today, she launched herself from the basking area to the bottom of the viv which was about a 18" drop although she may have jumped from the top to the 2nd area and then to the bottom. All I know is that I heard a loud plop and she had to have landed hard on her belly. She acted fine though, not dark anywhere and has been walking around.

Barb, you think she looks more like her dad than her mom now?

The CC for Giz should be here tomorrow, I'm so hoping that he likes it so that it will give him a boost.

Hugs & snuggles to you too and your whole clan.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yes I have to say she is looking much more like her dad now.
She's got Blaze's snout and that look in the eyes....that's odd because she use to look like Tiggs in the eyes. :roll:

That's right you guys have been getting lots and of rain...hope it lets up for you soon.
You could send it this way...I wouldn't mind a little break from this heat.

Hope Giz likes the new CC.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Both her parents are so nice looking, guess now that she is more "mature" she looks like her dad. :p I am very happy with her coloring and bright eyes. She does let me know when she wants to do particular things though like when she wants to get out of her bath, she darkens her beard. Sometimes, she puffs her beard in & out too when she thinks she's waiting too long to be fed. :lol: Are either of her parents like that?

You still are getting high temps? I'd gladly share some rain if you could give us temps back in the 70's again as it's only been in the 50's and 60's lately. :roll: Very hard to try to keep the humidity down in the tanks.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Omg, I had to dig under my bed and get all my winter shoes out of the shoe bin today! I cannot believe how fast it got COLD! Flats just aren't cutting it anymore. I already miss my flippies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
You're right Sara, no sandals this wk for sure. We don't have any leaves changing color yet though so hopefully it will warm up a little once the rain starts, we can hope anyway.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
This is what I've seen the past 2 afternoons. Misty loves sleeping with her head in the vine. Notice her leg propped up on her pillow. Can we say semi-brumation?
IMG_2902.jpg

And, sleepy Gizmo.
IMG_2905.jpg

Here's Franklin.
IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

And, Ferguson.
IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

This isn't a very good picture but you can see the size comparison.
IMG_2799.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom