Questions about building my own hammock

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
these are all good ideas. I just wish I was better at doing crafts, doing stuff on computers I can do, but crafts I have never been to good at.

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
by amalsg07 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:02 am

LOL I love that picture! I saw it somewhere else too. He's so cute.
Is it easy to clean? I'm sure we could just use suction cups on the other sides too. The only problem with the other material is I can't stop worrying about her nails getting caught, but I need to be really careful with the material (non-porous, easy to clean), too.
Since you have a custom enclosure, maybe you can answer this one...what glue/grout would be safe to get heavy slate/tile to stack-up? Is Liquid Nails safe for them? I don't want to use a sealant on this...I want it to have as much of a natural texture as I can allow her (or them, if it works out)...obviously they're not getting too many "natural-looking" things to bask on. Logs are obviously not an option.
Taz is my climber (he's about 12 1/2" and a month and a half younger than Kaira)...Kaira's just over 14" (slight nip) and a bit more lazy lol, but she has her moments.

They have a check-up in a little bit (I'm nervous), hopefully their counts are down so I can start on these projects and get them in larger tanks!
Thanks everyone,
Abi

Ya he was really putting on a show that day lol he was lil in this pic though, now he lays just like that except his body takes up the whole hammock and his tail either goes up the wall, or off the hammock. *might have to make a little bigger one here soon*

But as far as cleaning its a breeze! I Just pull out the two staples with a pair of pliers and throw it in the washing machine on a REALLY low cycle only for a few mins and not alot of soap.

As far as glueing, for my whole tank, well I used alot of screws and stuff where I could, but in places that I couldn,t I used Gorrila glue !! its pretty much what it sounds like....This is the type of stuff that you could glue your roommates funiture to the ceiling with. But it drys very fast and has little smell, once its dry, wipe it off with some kinda cleaning stuff safe for beardies and throw it in there.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
stephenrose06":b3507 said:
these are all good ideas. I just wish I was better at doing crafts, doing stuff on computers I can do, but crafts I have never been to good at.
I can do crafts, I just can't "build" anything lol.
Geoff22":b3507 said:
Ya he was really putting on a show that day lol he was lil in this pic though, now he lays just like that except his body takes up the whole hammock and his tail either goes up the wall, or off the hammock. *might have to make a little bigger one here soon*

But as far as cleaning its a breeze! I Just pull out the two staples with a pair of pliers and throw it in the washing machine on a REALLY low cycle only for a few mins and not alot of soap.

As far as glueing, for my whole tank, well I used alot of screws and stuff where I could, but in places that I couldn,t I used Gorrila glue !! its pretty much what it sounds like....This is the type of stuff that you could glue your roommates funiture to the ceiling with. But it drys very fast and has little smell, once its dry, wipe it off with some kinda cleaning stuff safe for beardies and throw it in there.
Kaira's whole back-end hangs off of her hammocks now lol.
Hmmm, that material may work too. We'd have to have quite a few though.
Lucas was thinking about Gorrila glue too...I just can't find anybody who knows what is safe for them. I don't want to seal it, that's the main problem.

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
i think we may be on the verge of over bearing mother goose here! lol! jkjk. once glue is dry it will have no fumes and if your afraid of that then you can seal all the rocks with sealant. and i highly dought your dragons will get nails stuck in the plastic. if they dont get hung in the fabric netting of the store bought hammocks then i VERY highly dought they will get hung in a more rigid material.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been awhile since I've posted about building my hammock...I'm still not having any luck. I looked at some of the other material they use for cross-stitching, it has smaller holes (more like the store-bought hammocks) my only fear is that I'll have to wash it. I can't tell what it's made out of. Anymore more suggestions? I'm still lost. Everything has its faults :|
Abi

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
nope. i think a simi hard plastic non porous material is just about as good as it gets when it comes to being sanitary. sry no ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom