Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just because you can hatch an egg does not mean that you are knowledgeable in the proper care of bearded dragons.
Takes a real professional to put an egg in a warm humid box for 80 days.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not going to argue with you about something this silly.

Im going to leave it at this.
If YOU want to house multiple dragons together do it. But understand the risks. And have enough responsibility to realize that you are taking a risk, and that you should not be recommending what you are doing to other owners. Simple as that.

When it comes down to it, there are two options. A potentially dangerous option and a safe option. Why would you recommend the potentially dangerous option over a safe one? I hope you think about that next time you tell someone that its perfectly fine to house dragons together.

-Brandon

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
i havent done it becaus ei dont have the money to pay for a second one and i gave this person advice from what i heard from breeders that i know but i guess im not taking there advice anymore because thats what ive pretty much been told to do so thats that i im not geeting two femalews i have one male and in a year or two will be getin g a female and potentially breeding them depending on how life goes

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Zeusmybeardie":1x2jr8cq said:
i havent done it becaus ei dont have the money to pay for a second one

But I am sure you will have the money to pay for all the vet bills that come from animal aggression.

Zeus, you are being unfair, you are hijacking someone elses thread for your own personal vendetta. There is nothing wrong with offering your opinion, but be careful not to word it so it looks like fact, as Jess said, you can lead people astray when you pretend to have more knowledge then you actually have.

Hopefully the original poster can sift through this thread and find some helpful information.

Gymgirlx

Hatchling Member
Zeus- You say you can't afford another dragon, but want to BREED in the near future?? Do you know that will cost $1000-$2000 ???? You do not make sense. My baby beardies ( I have 2) are seperated. I can't imagine if something happened. If there's ANY risk, it's NOT worth it! :banghead:

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
In a year or two I said when I get my next beardie and why don't u pm me this isn't my themed and not all about me ive said my stuff and that's it

KatieKat

Juvie Member
Oh my. You should not be doing any breeding, especially when you say you don;'t have the finances, that's purley selfish. When I made my decision to get another dragon, did I consider puuting it in with my female? Not for a second. When it comes down to it, its not safe. And females need to be 16 months to breed, not a year. No to be rude, but you don;t give very good advice and seem to like to attack people when they give correct advise to people.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved here from General Discussion forum since it is about enclosure sizes.

This thread is being taken away from the OP and it isn't fair to have a thread hijacked. Also, the bickering is also out of hand. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post at all. When a member is asking a question and if you don't have any experience in that particular discussion, please don't make any comments and give advise when a beardie's life is at stake. Rather than saying the WRONG thing and being hold accountable, it's best to be silent and to move to another thread where you may be able to help with something you might have experience in. One more thing to keep in mind, "hearsay" is NOT experience and doesn't give an example to help a member with a difficult decision at all.

I am locking this thread as I feel that the OP got enough GOOD information to make an adult decision in what is safest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom