question about a fair price

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephnt619

Hatchling Member
Hello all my knowledgeable beardie friends, I wanted to know what your guys's opinion was on the price of a beardie I'm looking at buying.

She is 1 1/2 years old, and I'm not sure of her exact color, but she's got some pretty orange/yellow on her, not the brightest, but still pretty colors. She has a crooked jaw though, but the owner claims it doesn't affect her in anyway. The person was asking $200 for hr, and then $150. I was wondering what you guys would consider a reasonable price for her. Thanks, just wanted some opinions.

spikez123

Hatchling Member
you'd have to have a pic for more accurate results but i'd say she's barely worth a hundred.

sounds pretty though.

stephnt619

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here is a picture the person sent to me. they took it with a cell hone so sorry for the quality, this is all I've ever seen of her. The person also just told me they had to move the her in with a male when their basement flooded last night, so she could be pregnant. Not sure I want babies yet, I might just freeze any of the eggs she lays if she is.

4.jpg

newowner2

Hatchling Member
i dont know but i think she is beautiful with the red/orange head i liked it.. i hope you find a good home for her good luck

newowner2

Hatchling Member
o my bad i read ur thread really fast i thought u were selling it but ur not ur buying it i just got my female and i payed 150 for her but she dosent have the head like that one but she has a crooked jaw u might be able to covince him that 150 is good because of the crooked jaw but maybe not... she is worth 200 i would try to talk him down first good luck on getting her and sorry about that last post

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
If he said her jaw is crooked, it could be due to metabolic bone disease which will take some extra care from you to get her better. That's usually one of the first signs. Just a thought. She's pretty though!

stephnt619

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The person says her jaws been like that since she was a baby, and i didn't even notice it in the picture until it was pointed out to me. What do ya'll think of her color? My boyfriend think she looks pretty plain to him, but i think she looks beautiful

If your boyfriend thinks that this plain.....then you should show him a photo of a "regular" beardie. That is anything but plain. She's really pretty, i'd be happy if my young ones turned out that bright.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
$150 seems like a good price for a pretty female nearing breeding age. Adults do sell for a lot more than babies typically.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom