Progression with my beardie, weird poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
well, buddha has started eating, he eats small amounts (3-5 medium locusts) every two days, i've never seen him eat any more than a little peice of endive as far as green go :/

he is pooping every 3 days or so? some times more often, he just pooped on my hand (lol!) and it didn't look very healthy?
it was light in colour, and when he did it, he just squirted it out, at the same time a kind of brown liquid came out with it? (could of been him peeing, but i've never seen a lizard pee so i wouldn't know >.<)

i dust his locust with calcium powder 5 days a week, and multivitamin two days a week :D

any advice with him? +& is that poo normal?

thanks guys :D
Ebb.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
the liquid just means he's well hydrated. If the poo is runny or very stinky then that's a sign of parasites. I think the color has more to do with what they're eating. Like if they eat a lot of greens, they'll have green poo.

I don't know about the rest so bumping for ya.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it was pretty runny, it was the usual blob, but kinda shiny/wet looking? and it did stink :S but that could of been the liquid?

alkemisten3

Hatchling Member
Please post a pic of it next time for us to "investigate" ..
could be parasites yes. You have not done a fecal I presume...
It could be a good idea, since they are generally cheap to do and well worth the money since you might discover some parasites that really need to be treated (and cannot naturally be treated).
:D
What UVB are you using, how are you measuring temps, and what are your temps exactly? Do you leave crickets inside cage, dust them, do you bathe the beardie often?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom