Progress of My New Beardie Enclosure (Rock Platform 04/01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
JenFid":2tuiczxt said:
Ooh nice! That does help a lot! Were you able to buy all of the supplies at Lowes?
Yeah the only thing we didn't get @ lowes was the plexi glas b/c they didn't have the size we were looking for so we went to home depot which sucked b/c we ended up having to cut it ourselves which was a PAIN and we cracked a piece.. :angry5: So make sure wherever u get the plexi they will cut it for u.. We probably spent around $140 maybe less on materials..

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Slave2Scarlett":1lth97m0 said:
JenFid":1lth97m0 said:
Ooh nice! That does help a lot! Were you able to buy all of the supplies at Lowes?
Yeah the only thing we didn't get @ lowes was the plexi glas b/c they didn't have the size we were looking for so we went to home depot which sucked b/c we ended up having to cut it ourselves which was a PAIN and we cracked a piece.. :angry5: So make sure wherever u get the plexi they will cut it for u.. We probably spent around $140 maybe less on materials..
Awesome! We got a good sized Lowes gc for a wedding gift so it'll be nice to not spend any if our own $$ :D I'll keep that in mind about the plexiglas. What made you decide to go with doors that swing open rather than slide?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well we saw a video on Youtube of a viv that the doors swung out.. And I love the fact that I can open them up all the way and have full access to the viv.. it's a lot easier for cleaning purposes and setting the viv up..

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Makes sense, I'll have to check that out. For the basking platforms did you follow the guide on the beautiful dragons site?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
JenFid":1d6xmd40 said:
Makes sense, I'll have to check that out. For the basking platforms did you follow the guide on the beautiful dragons site?
Yep pretty much except we used the gorilla wood glue for a sealant.. I have a thread about that under DIY

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
bambichik39":2fflb0hh said:
Sashee":2fflb0hh said:
Just catching up... My niece knows what lizards are but when she sees beardies, she calls them Yoshis. Lol When I finally make Yosh his fake rock decor, do you wanna come up to Kansas City and help me? Lol
Two votes for KC!

See? I'm think road trip for ya, Ashleigh! :p

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sashee":2g9foon8 said:
bambichik39":2g9foon8 said:
Sashee":2g9foon8 said:
Just catching up... My niece knows what lizards are but when she sees beardies, she calls them Yoshis. Lol When I finally make Yosh his fake rock decor, do you wanna come up to Kansas City and help me? Lol
Two votes for KC!

See? I'm think road trip for ya, Ashleigh! :p

Ha Ha that would b awesome for sure!
Fwillie900":2g9foon8 said:
that's a awsome tank wish i had thought of it great job :headbang:
Thank u! :lol:
izz":2g9foon8 said:
Looking good!!
Thanks!

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Updated pic of the viv.. I changed a few things around and added a little greenery
ef46a2de.jpg

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
FadedIntimacy":36skhs5z said:
Nice, Are the doors cabinet style opening? Thats how it looks :eek:
And with everyone else, The backgrounds cool! haha
Yes they are! They have magnets @ the bottom and they open all the way up.. Sorry I'm just now seeing this post :D

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
How thick are the doors, and how much of an issue do you encounter with flexibility? I was always concerned about doing that since my girl would always try to climb the plexi, and I would have hated for her to somehow get her toe stuck between the doors since they could somewhat bow out with her on them...

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Trogdorpheus":aamtexsx said:
How thick are the doors, and how much of an issue do you encounter with flexibility? I was always concerned about doing that since my girl would always try to climb the plexi, and I would have hated for her to somehow get her toe stuck between the doors since they could somewhat bow out with her on them...

Wow it's been so long since we built this.. I can't even remember the thickness of the doors.. I will tell you thought that they aren't the thickest and they do bow a little.. But originally we were going to put magnets at the top too but Scarlett has never been a glass dancer and she doesn't lean up against it so we just decided not to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom