Progress of My New Beardie Enclosure (Rock Platform 04/01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Well....the more room the better LOL I bet if you asked.......many of us would love to build a ROOM just for our beardie/s :laughhard: :blob5:

Maybe one reason is that when you buy a sheet of plywood it is 4'x8'...so cutting 3 pieces 2' and having just about the right amount left for the sides makes for not much waste at all....just enough really to build your frame for the front opening :) Easy. lol

~Sherri

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Bradleyv1714":3uxbn6c4 said:
What did you tweak on it? I was thinking about making one but I was thing of making it like 4 ft long 2 ft wide and maybe like1 1/2 ft high... is that big enough ?
The main thing that we did differently was the doors.. They swing out instead of sliding.. Which I absolutely love b/c you have access to the entire viv.. I think that would b fine honestly.. I wish we hadn't made ours so high b/c its was kinda hard to make sure she was able to get close enough to the uvb..

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Here is an updated pic with the new rock platform
5c4e2265.jpg

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So every since we built the rock platform for Scarlett her basking spot has been kinda messed up b/c her tree wouldn't really fit right and the light wasn't directly over the platform so I wanted to make her something in conjunction with the platform and this is what it ended up looking like.. I haven't put it in there yet b/c I still have to seal it but we will see how it works..
BEFORE
4b45928a.jpg

AFTER
4d498d1b.jpg

f2a5d994.jpg

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
Just catching up... My niece knows what lizards are but when she sees beardies, she calls them Yoshis. Lol When I finally make Yosh his fake rock decor, do you wanna come up to Kansas City and help me? Lol

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sashee":2zabv87o said:
Just catching up... My niece knows what lizards are but when she sees beardies, she calls them Yoshis. Lol When I finally make Yosh his fake rock decor, do you wanna come up to Kansas City and help me? Lol
LoL aww thats cute! Ha Ha that's a long haul for just a fake rock..

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Sashee":348z7r23 said:
Two votes for KC!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Ashleigh, I was wondering, what kind of wood did you use for the enclosure? And you said you coated it with latex paint? Did you get the wood precut to the right size or did you cut it at home?
Sorry for the questions lol, I think I'm ready to start building Sarth an enclosure like this so we can bring his current tank up to the cabin so he has an appropriately sized home while we're up there (his 10gal is no bueno anymore lol)

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Jen we used a 4x8 sheet of 3/4in oak.. It was about $35 @ lowes and we had them cut it for us.. We had to get a few smaller pieces for the edge around the outside.. And yes we used a latex based primer and paint.. The latex or water based paints are non toxic.. Just make sure you let it air out for several days and then turn the lights on to make sure any fumes are gone.. Hope this helps! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom