Problems with crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GZDRAGON

hey guys!
i've been buying crickets from ghann's farm for a month now, i brought 1000 crickets like 2 weeks ago and i only have like 30 now...
my beardie have been eating like 50 to 60 everyday...many of them have die... i don't know what i'm doing wrong.
can somebody tell me how to maintain a good viv for 1000 crickets and where is the best place to buy crickets...
thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well first off, i buy my crickets from Reptilefood.com

Second off, when crickets die they give off fumes which are bad for the living crickets and can actually kill the living crickets. You want to check your cricket setup up at least everyday for any dead crickets and make sure you take them out. Another thing is tempature. If your crickets are in the same room as your beardies then there is a chance they are too hot. Room tempature is what they need and a room with beardies in it usualy isn't room temperature. Just make sure the crickets arn't over crowded, have enough food and water, have some hideing places (like egg cartons) and you should be fine. (the dead crickets are probably the biggest factor to cricket death, you want to remove them as soon as you can b4 the dead... kill more :shock: )

MyLittleFoot

Hatchling Member
I just bought 3000 crickets from Ghans about one week ago I have had about six to die because they fell off on to there backs and couldn't get turned over I did remove them as soon as I saw them, because they do give off gasses that will kill the other crickets as mentioned above.

Also make sure you give them plenty of room they don't like to be piled onto one another. I give mine plenty of potato and oranges and corn grain to eat along with water. They get to eat veggies that I provide for my beardie while they are in the holding tank as I call it. Those crickets get fed to Little Foot over a span of a few days.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I use a 10 gallon glass aquarium and use masking tape half way up the sides that way they can climb up for more room! Also ventilation is key!! I also feed my crickets potato's for food and water!! Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom