price of roaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
i was just wondering if someone could tell me why roaches cost so much?? lots of ppl on this site tlk about how many roaches they have after thier colonies get started, but if they really breed that much, why does it cost so much to buy them??

burt1016

Juvie Member
Well, it's because you buy them once, and never again (unless you have a dad like I do, feeding off all females then males then all nymphs to get rid of my colony. Next, he feeds off in the same fashion my discoids. Now I have like 100 small nymph dubia and 0 discoids! Also, I have like 30 hissers but would have around 100 if my grandma didn't feed them off. OK so you won't have to buy anymore unless you have family members who hate roaches wich makes no sense because they love crickets!)

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
because people can charge that much. They don't breed as fast as people think versus what a hungry lizard can eat. I think prices will come down some BUT it will stabilize because at some point any effort is too much for some people and they would rather buy than breed. The question is, at what price is the breaking point?

Poke

Having a cricket shortage doesnt help the prices either. And shipping roaches arent as easy as shipping crickets in a box. You actually need to put them in something which will cause money to buy the containers. And they arent mass producers like all the other breeders. One female can only lay so many babies at a time every month. Where some feeders lay 100s of eggs at a time.

In all reality the prices of roaches are actually cheaper. You spend so much money upfront and down the line you get that money back once your colony is establish plus you dont have to spend anymore money buying feeders.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
gatorboy1392":p1xrrp9o said:
i understand that, its just that to me its a lot of money to spend on bugs! lol.
they may be more expensive for you as they are illegal in florida lol

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
gatorboy1392":md0dcxxn said:
i understand that, its just that to me its a lot of money to spend on bugs! lol.

Well keep buying crickets, then come back in 4 months and tell us all how much you've spent compared to an initial roach colony cost :wink:

nenders

Check Craig's List, no shipping. I bought some locally from someone who had built a colony for his dragons.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
hammerhead":yxgezj48 said:
Mine are on craigslist. Just a small rehoming fee. :lol:

But you can't ship them to florida so yours being available on CL is a moot point in regards to this thread.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
spyder79":33vq5keo said:
hammerhead":33vq5keo said:

But you can't ship them to florida so yours being available on CL is a moot point in regards to this thread.
This thread is about the price of roaches, not Florida.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
hammerhead":2nz2h62f said:
spyder79":2nz2h62f said:
hammerhead":2nz2h62f said:

This thread is about the price of roaches, not Florida.
Once again this thread has nothing to do with you selling your roaches on CL in your hometown unless you are either in an area where this person could buy them from you (the state of florida). So why dont you just think before you type. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom