Potential mouth rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this morning that my dragon has a watery discharge coming from his mouth and their is a slight blackening to his teeth can some omen help me.
93887-3774960442.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Stacey.... when you say watery discharge, exactly what do you mean ? Some saliva in the mouth, water coming out ?

The pics don't show anything and beadies can get black teeth from the food they eat. What is his diet? Is he eating right now ?
Mouth rot usually presents with red gums and/or cheesy looking pus and the dragon refusing to eat.

Staceymdavies

Original Poster
He has like salivary discharge only out of one side of his mouth. He is eating fine I feed him a mixture of locusts superwoman and meal worms for a treat. His veg is usually rocket or water cress. I made him a vet appointment for Friday is their a way I can get that food off his death or just ask the vet. His gums r not red when I opened his mouth. Maybe it was the yellowing I was worried about but don't some beardie have a more yellow mouth

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A few black teeth is normal for a beardie. If there is no redness + pus and he's eating, there's no mouth rot. You can buy a product called maxi guard and gently try to brush is teeth with a very soft toothbrush for children [ with or without maxi guard, but never with toothpaste ]

A bit of saliva can be present at times, but has he had labored breathing ? Any wheezing or clicking noises and opening his mouth every few minutes ?

I really don't think there's any problem if you don't see those symptoms. BTW, be SURE that your ver is a true, qualified reptile vet or they can usually do more harm than good while you pay them big money.

Staceymdavies

Original Poster
Thank you he is an experienced vet n no I haven't heard any clicking or wheezing. He tends to make gasping noises in bath but nothing un towards. Thank you ever so much for your help where would I get maxi guard

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I can't seem to post the link, just Google maxi guard, it will pop up to show where you can get it.

Does the water come out of his mouth after a bath ? If so just watch carefully that he's not drinking so much that he chokes/aspirates some that dribbles out later. You might cut the baths out except for when he's dirty and offer hydration via eyedropper directly on his snout.

Staceymdavies

Original Poster
No I noticed this morning in his viv the water it wasn't alot just in the side of his mouth. I will cut out the baths not as often see if that is causing the issue. Will try that thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom