possible prolapse???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
My dragon has something from inside (don't know what) that is now outside..I don't know if this happened when she went to the bathroom or what...She was like that when I got home yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it might be. I do have her at the vets and they are working on her now and will call me when they have news. I'm just worried...

boomer2000

something from inside thats outside? like just stool that didnt come out or what? is she shedding? because when my berdie sheds sometimes the scales from the vent get stuck...

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it looks like insides...it's kinda pinkish white in color - its not poop - when she went to the bathroom it came out farther but went back in a little bit. I did soak her in the bath but it would not go back in...

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, I took her into the vet first thing this morning. They are working on her now, but I have not heard anything and I am worried..I was just wondering if anyone knew what it might be....I'm scared for her.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well we know what is wrong..Our girl is a boy for one and he had a prolapsed hemi penis. They put him under and removed it and as soon as he woke up he prolapsed the other hemi penis. So they are removing that one too.. I feel like a dummy...I had no idea. Anyways he is housed with another dragon that we have always thought was male. The vet said to keep an eye on "him" because he might be a she and pregnant.. If anyone can tell me the signs to watch for - in case we have a pregnant dragon that would be appreciated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh you are kidding me, they had to remove BOTH hemepens? That is terrible. I am sorry for your boy.
Did he make it out of surgery ok? It will take him a few days to completely bounce back from the anesthetics' affects.
How is he doing?
I would NOT put him back in with the female. She will bully him & he will take awhile to recover from this.
Why in the world would he prolapse both hemepenes is beyond me. How old is he? If he bred too early, that could have damaged his hemepenes because their retractor muscles are not fully developed at young ages & they can hurt themselves.
Do you have UVB & offer calcium regularly?

Tracie

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Sorry about your dragon. Make sure you do as Tracie says. Even if you need to put your girl in a rubbermaid type container...make sure to keep them separate.
Fix her a nesting box and put it in one end of her tank/enclosure, just in case. Get some Bed-a-Beast or something similar. I usually mix it with some playsand (from Home Depot)... NOT reptile sand. I use a rubbermaid type tote about 12" x 16" X 6"-8" deep, with a lid on it. Cut a hole larger than she is on one end of the lid. Dampen the soil and tamp it down a bit so it won't cave in when she digs her hole to lay the eggs. If you are planning to hatch them, you need to get an incubator. Some people make their own incubator. Google it if you decide to do that. Check the sand daily and keep a watch on her. They often will make test holes before laying the eggs...could be as many as 30 something eggs!

How often do you dust her food? Might want to dust it 5 days a week, once a day for a while til you know if she is gravid. Sometimes you can see the eggs thru her skin.

Good luck
Patsy

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I do have him in a seperate cage right now. He came out of surgery fine and is doing well. He is about 4 years old (from what I was told) They said he was 2 when we got him (and a girl) and we've had him about 2 years. He had never been around any other animals and wasn't held by the owners. The other dragon we have is old..He/she is about 9 or 10 years old - they told us "he" was 3 or 4 when we got "him" and we've had "him" for about 6 years. I will try to get a picture of our other dragon and see if you guys can tell me if he is a she. The only time I have computer access is at work, so maybe my son can take a picture on the phone and send it to me to post. I dust food 3 times a week. Both dragons visit the vet regularly for check ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom