Popping sounds, forced exhalation and puffed up neck/bloated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hefgsma, please start your own thread so that we can help answer your questions better. :D

Let us know how your dragon is doing.

Tracie

Hefsgma

I will post pics of him as soon as I figure out how. They had to scrape the affected areas on his face and then when that was nearly healed the respiratory struggle started up again . He's on multiple antibiotics . It's a long process. Can you tell me how to do the pic

Hefsgma

I didn't have any questions I was telling that other person what my guy is going through so he can start the treatment before it leads to secondary infection such as mouth rot. They are connected.

Hefsgma

If going to the vet is an option I'd go .This is a long battle he's been going through. I got him at pet co and he already had it starting but I didn't know . They're the ones taking care of all of his medical so I don't have the med names and all of that yet. I hate to see anyone go through this. Good luck with your little girl.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Koggle, your beardie doesn't have the same illness. I know that hefgma wants to be helpful, but it's like telling someone with a cold that they have pneumonia. There's a huge difference between infectious stomatitis and a respiratory infection. They are 2 different illnesses.....if you Google both of them you'll see the descriptions of each, and although a beardie with mouth rot can develop an RI., you'll not find that a beardie with an R.I. will then develop mouth rot. But if you have an experienced reptile vet and you'd feel better taking her in, that's an option, you can certainly do that. Is she still eating ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us, how is your girl doing?
I hope she is improving for you, but let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It doesn't seem like she has gotten any worse, but it also doesn't seem like she seems any better. She still has a great appetite too. I phoned and booked a vet appointment for her this Sunday, so hopefully they can say exactly what is wrong. I'll post again after the vet trip, or if there is any other feedback. Thanks again for the replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's a good sign that she's eating, so she's not very sick at all. If the vet decides to put her on antibiotics she may lose her appetite so you'll need to get a probiotic to keep her gut flora in check. [ Antibiotics will destroy both good and bad gut bacteria ] So you can look for a probiotic such as Acidophiliz+, Benebac or soy yogurt [ non dairy ]. She will probably do well though since she's in pretty good over all health. :)

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
One more thing... Yesterday, she went to bed really early for her, she went to bed at 8:00PM, when she is usually up until 9:00 or 10:00PM, and now, she is just going to bed, and it's only 7:00PM? I think it might be brumation?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, babies don't brumate, could be a one time thing or she's just possibly tired a little bit sooner than usual.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today?
They can go to bed a little earlier when the days get shorter but not necessarily brumate though. That is very normal. Sometimes they are more tired than other times, too.
At least she has been eating though, hopefully she doesn't feel too bad. Let us know how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Actually, I've noticed she hasn't been going to the washroom on her own. It seems that she'll only go to the washroom when I give her a warm bath?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of them prefer to go potty outside of their tanks. It is much easier though to keep their tanks clean. Does she like to drink water when she is in her bath also?
How much is she eating now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom