Pooping issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar777

Hey guys,
So reptars been having some issues pooping the past week. Last Sunday he stopped pooping over all for three day. I gave him warm baths and tummy rubs and Wednesday morning he finally went. After that he pooped 3 more times that day. Thursday he pooped 3 times also he normally goes once a day. Friday and Saturday he has had hard poop with pieces of meal worms and calcium worms and has been going in his water bowl with chunky poops. He is almost 2 years old he's has had chunks of worms in his poop before but never more than one of his poops at a time. His cage is 105° but he prefers the cooler side wich stays around 85°. I try to keep him on calcium worms how ever due to not getting my order of them I was forced to buy meal worms so he had something to eat while we waited on the other worms. Should I be concerned about the poop or is this normal and something that will pass.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How often are you feeding him mealworms and how many each time ?

They are at best a very occasional treat (maybe 3 or 4 once a week).

Reptar777

Original Poster
He is only getting meal worms now because I'm waiting on Phoenix worms and he won't eat crickets. He gets 15 of them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reptar777":36ak1w9i said:
He is only getting meal worms now because I'm waiting on Phoenix worms and he won't eat crickets. He gets 15 of them.

15 mealworms is a serious impaction risk , they have very hard to digest exoskeletons that can accumulate at pinchpoints in the gut . 15 mealworms for even an adult beardie is EXCESSIVE .

Try blowfly gents , they are a good feeder insect , their pupae are good too , and my guys loved the flies and were leaping to catch them in mid flight ....

Wax worms and butter worms are OK as a short term feeder , better than mealworms on acct of their very soft exoskeletons (no impaction risk).
See viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834

Even better , if you get some silkworms , they are great and very nutritious feeder which can be used as a staple feeder insect.

I think if he's passing worms in his poos , there are some issues with the temperatures , he's not warm enough to digest them , so here is my cheatsheet, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050
if you work through it methodically , there are lots of hints and guidance in it.
Please focus on the zone temperatures and UV as getting these right are crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom