Poop problems

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi! Haku has been having trouble pooping and has been refusing more and more greens. Yesterday morning, he barely ate and I assume it was because he hasn’t pooped in awhile (4 days) so I skipped last nights feeding. This afternoon, he still hasn’t pooped yet. Should I avoid feeding him until he poops?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! Haku has been having trouble pooping and has been refusing more and more greens. Yesterday morning, he barely ate and I assume it was because he hasn’t pooped in awhile (4 days) so I skipped last nights feeding. This afternoon, he still hasn’t pooped yet. Should I avoid feeding him until he poops?
No- how old is haku? What are his surface basking temps-- and how are you getting them? Digital probe thermometers are best- uvb a coil or tube?

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
No- how old is haku? What are his surface basking temps-- and how are you getting them? Digital probe thermometers are best- uvb a coil or tube?
Haku is 9 months, surface basking temps are 109-110 Fahrenheit. He has a 100w and a 50w above his basking spot. There is a digital probe thermometer above his basking spot and I also have a temp gun to measure exact temperatures. I am using a uvb tube.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Haku is 9 months, surface basking temps are 109-110 Fahrenheit. He has a 100w and a 50w above his basking spot. There is a digital probe thermometer above his basking spot and I also have a temp gun to measure exact temperatures. I am using a uvb tube.
What brand and bulb of UVB? Where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank - his temps might be too high for him try backing the temp down to the 95-100 and get it w/ your digital probe please

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
What brand and bulb of UVB? Where in the tank is it? Top of screen or inside the tank - his temps might be too high for him try backing the temp down to the 95-100 and get it w/ your digital probe please
Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO is the bulb and brand, it’s placed inside the enclosure strapped to the top with some zip ties; it’s 22 inches long and the tank size is 120 gallons. The digital probe by his basking spot reads 93 currently, though it is normally in the 95-100 range. I doubt the temperatures are too hot for him as my vet said everything I am doing is perfect. Also, when I made this Haku pooped literally 5 minutes later and everything seemed fine. I’m just having trouble getting him to eat his greens

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Reptisun 10.0 UVB T5 HO is the bulb and brand, it’s placed inside the enclosure strapped to the top with some zip ties; it’s 22 inches long and the tank size is 120 gallons. The digital probe by his basking spot reads 93 currently, though it is normally in the 95-100 range. I doubt the temperatures are too hot for him as my vet said everything I am doing is perfect. Also, when I made this Haku pooped literally 5 minutes later and everything seemed fine. I’m just having trouble getting him to eat his greens
Do you have a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb? Distance should be 12-15 inches-- try some bsfl on top of his salads

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Do you have a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb? Distance should be 12-15 inches-- try some bsfl on top of his salads
Yes I do; and he does not like bsfl. I’ve tried the bugs he does like on salad, but I even if I wrap the bug in leafy greens he still won’t bite! I swear, the most stubborn lizard ever!

fcooper

Hatchling Member
We have the same situation with one of our dragons (Aramis). We give him a bath every Sunday so he poops. As long as the poop is solid and well-formed we don't worry about it.

My thought is it has to do with activity. Our other dragon (Athos) has free roam of our first floor all the time. He is very active and runs around for a few hours every day and poops daily.

Aramis is much less active and prefers to hang out on the cooler side of his home. Even when we let him out, he just finds a place to perch and hang out there. For the last year, we just have him poop weekly and he has been very healthy otherwise.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom