Poop in a tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I wish I was joking. Every time Charlie has a movement she does so in her tree. Not the dead looking one with no greenery...no, no...that would be too easy to clean. No, my darling baby girl has to do it in the tree with spiky like shrubbery. I don't know why. It literally sticks into EVERY possible crevice :shock:

She goes in this tree -
87171-8643623259.jpg

This morning when I went to feed her, she had managed to have a MASSIVE poo on one of the lower branches :shock: OMG...seriously...tell me I'm not the only one who's beardie is super weird about where they go potty... :lol:

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
Mine adores this little square of reptile carpet... It's funny, I never actually see him on it, but I guess he spends a lot of time there based on the amount of poop in it! :lol: :roll: Maybe they enjoy knowing that they're choosing the hardest spot to clean... Or maybe, part of an ultimate plan to force us into submission? Who knows :lol:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL that could totally be it...she knows I am her slave...she must make me slave more!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Being super weird about where they go potty seems to be a bearded dragon thing. And from what little I've heard and seen, they're all different too. Some are very particular about not messing up their living space, and some don't seem to care if they get it all over everything, including themselves.

I had mine on the bed one time and he pooped on my arm. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to haul myself off the bed without turning my arm over and dumping the poop on the bed. Oh well. It was about time to change the sheets anyway... :roll:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
My youngest has a weird poop habit.

When he was younger, he would go all the way across his woven bridge and poo, making it fall through the holes and splat on the tile... Fun cleanup. Now that he's older, he poops right where his bridge attaches to his basking platform.

Old photo, but you get the idea.
If he can, he prefers to hold it until he's given an "assisted poop" aka sink soak.

89300-5559077836.jpg

My oldest used to be paper trained until the UVB light was installed under the screen. She's still predictable and will poo in the furthest corner from her basking spot, but will no longer go on the newspaper provided for her.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL pretty much like Charlie right now! I've held that tree under a stream of hot water so often that that I'm waiting for it to sprout :lol:

I've been trying to give her baths in hopes of changing her habit, but she really does NOT like them...yet...

She does, however, like using my lower pant leg :shock: Twice now she has crawled down whilst I was sitting on my couch with feet up on my ottoman and laid a large one - right there on my leg. OMG...

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Richter, the youngin', hates baths but has learned pooping gets him out sooner, so it has a 100% poop success rate to put him in the sink. As soon as he starts going, I drain the water, clean the mess, rinse him off, towel pat dry, return to enclosure, and bleach the sink.

Much easier than removing his entire bridge+basking platform (I tied them together) and having to spray and soak them in the tub :roll:

My oldest, Simon, as a baby would poop right in her basking spot and then lay in it. I frequently forget why I have baby shampoo at home. Used to have to soak and suds her daily

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Obviously, beardies have no respect for their human slaves' bodies or clothing when they have to go. :roll:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
haha! omg I think I would die if Charlie laid in hers! Mind you, she does climb all over that tree after she goes :shock: BUT she hasn't done that in a little bit as on the opposite end of the enclosure is the dead wood tree that she'll use instead (and never poops on...)

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
SHBailey":2z5bfqb5 said:
Obviously, beardies have no respect for their human slaves' bodies or clothing when they have to go. :roll:

Nope - none at all....we are far too lowly for their highnesses

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I have had to change many shirts due to beardie poopies... sure sucks more when they're super hydrated. Bed sheets have also been ruined, and had to resolve (cleaning spray) my couch a few times...

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
traildrifterphalanx":1ftnz2rf said:
I have had to change many shirts due to beardie poopies... sure sucks more when they're super hydrated. Bed sheets have also been ruined, and had to resolve (cleaning spray) my couch a few times...

Oh yes...Charlie is WELL hydrated...it went straight through my pants and only my leg. I kept saying to my hubby - bring me a wipe, bring me a wipe! (we have a three year old, so baby wipes are abundant in our home still as a back up lol). Yeah, that just mushed it around and the wet was on my leg. Jumped in the shower once I got her majesty into her enclosure :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
It's tissues at my house :lol: no children here. I try to keep a tissue or paper towel on hand if I have a dragon out during the day. They're guaranteed to poop at the most inconvenient time.

I actually started "pooping" Richter before going to a pet store with him to make sure he wouldn't choose then to poo. I'd do the sink routine, put him back to warm up and dry off for a few hours, then take him with to pick up supplies (been crickets lately for a new pacman frog) and even still last time he was with me he tried to take a poo, but basically just passed a bunch of hydration. Luckily they have paper towels and all on hand...

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
traildrifterphalanx":1ysoefqz said:
It's tissues at my house :lol: no children here. I try to keep a tissue or paper towel on hand if I have a dragon out during the day. They're guaranteed to poop at the most inconvenient time.

I actually started "pooping" Richter before going to a pet store with him to make sure he wouldn't choose then to poo. I'd do the sink routine, put him back to warm up and dry off for a few hours, then take him with to pick up supplies (been crickets lately for a new pacman frog) and even still last time he was with me he tried to take a poo, but basically just passed a bunch of hydration. Luckily they have paper towels and all on hand...

I can actually visualize that happening lol - glad it was just hydration :D

Wish I could take Charlie into the petshop here. There is a by-law that forbids it (stupid city)...I can take her in in her carrier, but not on her leash :/

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Awww :( that's a real shame. I really enjoy bringing him along with me, and he seems to enjoy it as well. Plus, a lot of people at the store are immediately engaged and ask questions, which I think is great for those considering a beardie. I've changed a mother's mind about getting one for her kid when she saw how big they get (sorry kid.)

And yeah I suppose "just" hydration was probably the worst of the two options :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom