Poop and Sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, Spot hasn't pooped in about a week I think. She is nearing 2 years old, I'm just not sure if that's normal or not. She has been eating a lot of mustard greens, alfalfa and dandelion greens. As far as protein, she hasn't had as much as normal, I have supplemented chicken baby food for her supers until I can get to the store. I recently gave her some sweet potato baby food and a drop of olive oil as well hoping to "grease the wheels". Luckily, none of this has been force fed. She LOVES baby food!

Secondly, as some of you may be aware. I lost my job over a month ago and do not receive unemployment. I realize now that I also need to change out my MVB and get a new one. I think it has been some of the reason that Spot hasn't been as active in the past week or so. I've been taking her outside as much as possible to compensate for the lack in UV being produced inside her tank (since I can't afford a new one at this moment). It's been about 90 degrees and sunny. She loves roaming around and eating the alfalfa that I have planted for her. She gapes widely whenever in the sun. I know that gaping is a sign of releasing gases in order to cool herself down. She spends most of her time in the shade outside. I'm worried that she isn't getting enough UVB rays to keep her healthy. How much sunlight does she need to equal what the MVB emits? Also, is her gaping something that I should be concerned about?

Any assurance or suggestions would help greatly.

lammi

Sounds like your doing everything right, as far as gaping i use a spray bottel to mist them when they get hot
I have gotten concerned when mine havent pooped but it allways worked its way out
as long as it is going in it will eventually come out

lammi

one thing to add, just my to cents, i think natural, organic, when possible is best, baby food is for babies, i would stick with natural foods if possible, greens, crickets, superworms ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom