Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely adorable! My husband and my son thing I'm crazy because I tuck my beardie in every night with his blankie.... At least I know I'm not alone! :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3vipjsfr said:
Liz is right :lol: Pookie is very protective of Gianna, it's so cute :D
Pookie keeps a very close tab on both of his girls, Digi and Gianna. I finally figured out a pattern to which Pookie sleeps next to the girls' house -- It's only when Digi is out. If she's inside the cave, he'd only briefly visit to head bob at MoMo, then move on elsewhere.

sweetiepie9":3vipjsfr said:
So are you talking about Squirt doing the body surfing on the hardwood floors? Is he preferring that way to get around? That video was so funny, I was laughing just so hard :lol: He sure has become one with your family, so guess he's staying, right? :lol: I knew it :D
diamc":3vipjsfr said:
I agree with Deb, guess he's staying??????????? We're not surprised. :wink:
  • smiley2380.gif

One week from today, Squirt would be here for 4 months. For someone who barely had human interactions for the first 2 years of his life, he now acts like he'd been loved all along.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
See, you're magic worked on him and he's now an integral part of the family, besides who would Pookie be able to mock fight if he wasn't there?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Guess who finally decided to grace me with her presence today? My Baby Gianna! For the past week, all I got to see was an itty bitty part of her tail at the entrance of her cave. I had almost forgotten how adorable she looked (not really).

She had crawled out of her cave ever so slowly this morning, climbed up her tree branch, and basked for hours. She even drank some water and ate some greens and deposited a lot of poopies. After watching her daddy take flying leaps at her house all afternoon, she finally decided that she had enough fun for the day and crawled back into her cave.

I have to go back to old posts and find out if Pookie also brumated at this age. She is only 1.5 years old! In my eyes, she's still a baby.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, she woke up, basked, ate and pooped for her mommy today. :p What a great sight to see I'm sure. She'll always be your "baby."

Her daddy must have tired her out with all of his hyperness lol. So, she had to go take a nap. :lol:

Not really unusual for them to brumate at 1 1/2 yrs old.

Hope she is up for a while tomorrow too since you'll be home. Give her some extra snuggles & smooches for me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Bet you were glad to see her, some beardies just like to take long naps in the winter. Didi is like that, one week down, a few days up, a few days down, a week up, he does this all winter, drives me nuts as I never know if I should feed him or not, so I just do & when he wakes up I make sure he gets a few baths so he can hydrate & poop :roll:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
So far, the only beadie we've had that's brumated was Rosie. Non of the others ever indicated that they wanted to. Rosie is one of those that will sleep for a few days to a week (except this year) then up for a day or so then sleep for a week or so, all winter long. This year she slept for almost 4 weeks at a time before waking up, and this was 2 times in a row. I'm guessing she will start the egg laying thing here in a month or two.

We are having April/May temps locally, in the 80's, which the local Tucson channels have a few days as being record high's starting Thursday, Friday and this weekend. I think there is only going to be one or two days with record temps.

Then all of you folks in the east, including the South Eastern part of the USA, are getting slammed with extra cold and serious snow. The channel I watch for weather showed snow in South and North Carolina. They are so far south that they don't get snow like that very often. They were having travel problems. The snow wasn't really bad for those in the northern part, but I saw a car trying to drive and the tires were going but the car wasn't. I think they also had ice on the road. That makes it hard to drive. I drove in Iowa in the snow when I lived there but I much prefer staying her in warm AZ. We haven't had snow like that since the winter of 1978/1979.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Guess what today is?
It's Squirt's 5-month anniversary of being a part of this koo-koo home!!
smiley1381.gif

I can't believe that 5 months had already gone by. I also can't believe that, despite being only 5 months, Squirt acts as if he'd been here since birth, roaming the house like he owned it. He knows exactly where everything is, including how to go home (that is, where his tank is).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
WOW, happy 5 month Anniversary of being in his forever home. :wink: We knew he was there to stay. :p

He fit right in too, congratulations to both of you AND the rest of the koo-koo family. :headbang:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad your Squirt has fit in so well in your nutty home. Nutty is o.k. because he felt loved right away. He fit in really well within a week or two.

Our Squirt feels so at home that one morning I'd had her on my shoulder for more than an hour, closer to two, if I remember right, and I put her in her home to get warm so she'd eat. Then I picked up Rosie to give her cuddles. You should have seen the frown she gave me. I informed her that she'd had more than an hour of cuddles and Rosie hasn't had much all winter as she slept most of the winter away (two different times it was 3 days short of one month asleep, a lot for her in years past). She didn't seem to agree with me. I guess she felt she should have my undivided attention.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Boy, they sure can give us "the look", can't they Lori? They're not too good about sharing the shoulder & cuddle time that they spend with us for sure.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Squirt doesn't seem to mind sharing my shoulder with Rosie, but if Rosie is on my shoulder and she isn't, well that's not accepted. If she's on my shoulder and Rosie isn't, that's fine.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Squirt, 5 months already? Guess you just love your new home, koo=koo or not. Gina, we all knew he was there to stay, how could it be otherwise? He just rounds out your wonderful family :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
While we're all on the subject of cuddles, I have something very exciting to share.

Due to my absent-mindedness, I had completely forgotten to turn off Squirt's light last night. I had meant to before 9pm, before the show "The Following" started, but for reasons unknown to me, it didn't happen. Well, about 10 minutes or so after the show ended, I heard *thump thump thump* coming from Squirt's tank. I looked up from the computer and realized that his light were still on, but wasn't sure why he was out of his bed. I had been late in turning off his light before, and he'd never crawled out of bed. Not only was he out of his bed, but he was also pacing and climbing the walls. I know it had nothing to do with seeing Digi, because she was sound asleep inside her cave; it also had nothing to do with Pookie because he was crashed out on top of the couch. I tried to calm him down but with no success. I even showed him the blanket and begged for him to go back into his bed. Nope, nothing worked. I finally picked him up and brought him into the living room. He first contemplated sitting on the couch, but quickly decided that he wanted to roam. I chased him for a bit until I finally held firm and told him that it's night-night time and not time to play. As I stood in the middle of the living room with him in my hand for about 8 minutes, he finally started to calm down. By now, it was after 10:30pm and way past his bedtime, but he was more than wide awake! I slowly walked over to the couch and sat down, still holding onto him but no longer firmly. He was cradled in my arms and against my tummy. I could've sworn that he would settle in and go to sleep, but he kept looking around but didn't run off. He sat with me for the better part of 40 minutes or so, even through my arm twitches as I was dozing off. I finally put him back home and into his bed, then covered him up, where he stayed until this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom