Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
fresnowitte":29iajd11 said:
diamc":29iajd11 said:
Barb, is it possible that the first mating didn't take?
I doubt it.
Tiggs is a real fertile girl an I would only expect the same from her offspring.

Gina, relax and give Pookie a good soakin'. He's never used his hemi before an it may have gotten a little irritated...kind of like breaking the cherry(sorry didn't know how else to put it).
Oh great, this means that Digi's egg would most likely be fertile.
It's ok Barb, I don't think there really is a 'delicate' way to say it.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Anything about beardie sex or breeding is anything less than brutal. :wink:
You can have Tom first... :wink: ... I forgot to say that in my thread. LOL

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I notice sometimes in my males poo that there is a little discoloration....However, they haven't done the do...I swear they are swinging for the other teams....same with some of my females....

Well I'd start looking for a incubator and some vermiculite or hatchrite. I have a bag of hatchrite and a hovabator but I am not sure where your located Gina. I am in Illinois...I know you can buy a decent hovabator at a farm store. Some of them come without the egg turners and some come where you can take those out. I am looking into selling my hovabator and buying a digital incubator that is more secure and keeps the humidity in better. I had some issues with using it. I don't know what I did wrong. It works fine and keeps temps I was the dingbat that didn't know what I was doing...plus we had a power outage that killed all my eggies.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to freeze any eggs....thats why I suggested a well established dubia colony with lots and lots of adults. Or try your hand at crickets....they are not extremely hard to breed...just need a lot of care and they stink.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor Gina, you have so much to learn, but you have alot of people to help you along the way. I'll be checking out to see how you're doing & I so wish I'd bred Sweetie, too, but I wouldn't have been able to keep 1 baby, no time, so it's better that way. At least you'll be able to check with Barbara along the way & I'm sure Tom will help you, too.
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
How many days of bleeding is normal for Pookie? He just pooped and again there was blood. Unfortunately, I can't tell if it's from the poop itself or something else.
I think I should take him to the vet, just in case :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh gee, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give the vet a call and just get his opinion, that might be all you need so you don't have to worry. Let us know.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Let us know about Pookie, I can't blame your for being concerned. Hope it's nothing serious, but keep us all advised, you know how much we all care about Pookie, I've been following his growth since he was a year old!
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Barb said it was normal for Pookie to bleed afterwards. I had shown her a pic of his poop/pee from this afternoon and she said it's nothing too serious, but if it continues for days to come or more in quantity, then a vet visit would be in order.

I also spoke to Tom tonight and he's going to hatch my babycakes' eggs for me (given they're fertile), and I'd get to keep the ones I want. Yay!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Tom's going to keep them -- double YAY!
Of course, it won't be easy trying to pick out a few to keep. I mean, that's the reason why I didn't want to do the whole breeding thing in the first place. How does one choose when they're all so cute? EEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom