Pointless and sad posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
RolandKyramere":3b8vvvry said:
blondie098":3b8vvvry said:
somebody likes jrr tolkein! :mrgreen: I won't answer, because those are too easy for me! Sadly, I love to read too :mrgreen:
Nice to find a fellow lit nut! Yeah, I'm a huge reader, and I'm in the process of writing a couple of novels. Actually trying to publish soon, we'll see how that goes. And I'm going to hopefully be doing a presentation at a national convention about the merits of Fantasy literature in the world of school. Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.

Ooo, Tolkien is amazing. I'm only 14 but I've read all 4 books 4 times each. And I have all the special edition uncut LOTR movies, with aaaall the deleted scenes. Who needs "Twilight" when you've got Tolkien? :lol:

I can't see why any university would not allow you to write fantasy. That's stupid. Writing fantasy gives proof to your having an imagination, which is the most important tool man has ever had. Does your uni expect you to be a black-and-white, boring person? :roll: Anyway, good luck with your presentation. :D

Jacqui

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
articwolfgirl":pjjlsnvu said:
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Has anyone answered this?
I do believe it is Darkness....

Meh. I am pointlessly sick with a nasty cold. Stupid cold. I feel terrible.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
ziggy23":4tqg3fy9 said:
blondie098":4tqg3fy9 said:
RolandKyramere":4tqg3fy9 said:
Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.
:shock: what?!? I seem to remember reading, back in gov't class in high school, about some freedom of speech thing? OMG this political correctness & lets not offend anyone mentality will stymie the world if continues... creative writing is just that: let the creativity flllllooooooowwwwwww!
No kidding, you would think that after how many years professors would actually see the merits of fantasy! I mean, I probably spend more time world building than the famous literary novelists spend writing their entire book, including the research!

blondie098":4tqg3fy9 said:
Oh, and yeah, she's 12 but has that attitude about the viola already! When she slacked off and started fiddle-farting around with her private lessons, I went on eBay, bought a nice used viola, and taught myself how to play... just to challenge her! She was mad, because the couldn't allow me to be better than her. Problem was, viola is alto clef -- I play flute, piano, all C instruments... Alto clef really messed with my brain, bad. But I came up with a way to sight read her music by converting it numerically, and now I can sight read viola scores without messing up my treble! It works for me :mrgreen: and I can get her to practice by playing duets with her haa haa (ok, i know when she reads this I'll find a pickle in my pillowcase or worse)
Hahaha! Yeah, I remember having to learn Alto clef for my music theory and history. That thing is evil! I'm a Bb instrument player (Bb clarinet, Bb Tenor Sax) and it took forever for me to figure out how to somewhat fluently read alto clef for tests :cry:
Trouble clef is the devil! I play the viola too. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just follow the stupid rules for switching between clefs. I'm working on this concerto right and it is so horrible about that I've actually considered buying a composition computer program just to fix it. I've actually had to figure out 1st position notes on the G and C strings, there are notes 4 ledger lines below the staff for no reason! I was like are you trying to fry my brain? It took me like 10 minutes to figure out what all the notes were.

I have a yearly evaluation tomorrow, and I am so unprepared for it. I've been trying to get sick or something. I've been extremely tired. I'm sleeping like a log 10 hours a night and I still feel like I could fall asleep at any point all day. 10 minutes of any activities and I'm achy like I've been working all day.
Ooof, you may want to go into a Dr. and see if that's Mono, I've had a couple of friends get it recently and that sounds exactly like the symptoms :( Hope you feel better, and yeah, composers just like to annoy us by writing very mean, nasty lines that go where they aren't supposed to go. For some reason, they think that clarinet players are the equivalent of string players, and that we never need to breathe while playing.... :oops:

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":19zk5x2e said:
articwolfgirl":19zk5x2e said:
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Has anyone answered this?
I do believe it is Darkness....

Meh. I am pointlessly sick with a nasty cold. Stupid cold. I feel terrible.
Darkness is correct, if I remember right.
I am pointlessly horrified at the thought of getting a cold, which is probably going to happen soon with all the customers who are sneezing on me at my work :roll:

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
jacqui778":iw69mbxn said:
RolandKyramere":iw69mbxn said:
blondie098":iw69mbxn said:
somebody likes jrr tolkein! :mrgreen: I won't answer, because those are too easy for me! Sadly, I love to read too :mrgreen:
Nice to find a fellow lit nut! Yeah, I'm a huge reader, and I'm in the process of writing a couple of novels. Actually trying to publish soon, we'll see how that goes. And I'm going to hopefully be doing a presentation at a national convention about the merits of Fantasy literature in the world of school. Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.

Ooo, Tolkien is amazing. I'm only 14 but I've read all 4 books 4 times each. And I have all the special edition uncut LOTR movies, with aaaall the deleted scenes. Who needs "Twilight" when you've got Tolkien? :lol:

I can't see why any university would not allow you to write fantasy. That's stupid. Writing fantasy gives proof to your having an imagination, which is the most important tool man has ever had. Does your uni expect you to be a black-and-white, boring person? :roll: Anyway, good luck with your presentation. :D

Jacqui
Yeah, unfortunately, my professors pretty much all have it in their course syllabi: NO FANTASY. Dunno why, I think its literary discrimination :lol: And yes, the university I attend expects us to be boring people, I think. Or just not do anything creative with our lives.
I'm thinking that the presentation is going to go over well, I've got at least 2 or 3 other people who are interested in doing it with me, so we should have some good background for it.
And yes, I'm sorry, but Twilight... hurts. A lot. I was going to use the word Twilight as part of the title for one of my books, but I had to change it due to this series. Unfortunately, a lot of people were asking, "Are you writing a Twilight fanfic?" and I nearly cried. Sorry folks, no sparkly vampires in my novels!

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Sadly, the most halarious thing happened to us today at grocery store.
Jeff took me to get groceries. I have these really severe muscle tics where my right arm and leg jerk violently
and my head and face twist and contort and I sometimes make really strange noises. well today we were in the
store and this woman was coming up the isle when one of my tics happened. the poor woman ran into the
shelves then looked at me like I had grown horns and was trying to eat her or something. Pointlessly all I could
do was look at Jeff and go " gee, that was a good one." and both of us started laughing. That woman must have
thought I was posessed or something. we never saw her again. lol. After all that has happened bad with my dad
and amigo and me for the last week I thought I would share something funny. too bad ya'll couldnt see her face. :laughing6:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
jeritta":keanvh8w said:
I have these really severe muscle tics ... and I sometimes make really strange noises.
OMG, Jeritta, I just got the image of Elaine from Seinfeld dancing :lol: ... maybe you and Jeff could make a spoof of that next time it happens, and people would just think your nuts, not possessed! :shock: Please understand, I am not picking on you, my son has Tourettes (he's 22), plus other problems... he used to make the strangest noises in public, and boy would we get some looks from people.

So I just went with the flow, and if he started having an attack in public with the tics, I'd make noises too. It actually helped settle him down, and I personally didn't care if people thought I was nuts. My son still remembers me "sticking up for him" in public, as he called it... One time a lady looked at us with such disgust, so I just stared straight on at her, and made pig oink noises, then wiggled my nose like a bunny does... She looked like whe was afraid I'd bite. :twisted:

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
that is great! I did not think you were making fun. I don't get upset at all. I worked EMS and Trauma for 15 years. Then
raised special needs foster kids for several years. So it takes A LOT to rattle me. But just to see her run into a shelf
full of food and crash was halarious. I think the hardest part is having to admit that now I am the one who has to have
someone take care of me. But oh well. I would have loved to see you do the bunny nose and make pig noises. lol

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
RolandKyramere":44v2wszz said:
Alright, I've pointlessly got not one, but two riddles for everyone.
Voiceless it cries,
Wingless flutters,
toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

and
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

Did anyone answer these?

#1. The wind
#2. An earthquake or Tornado
Only sad and pointless quesses

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
i sadly swear, this thread is seriously hijacked. btw, this is new: one of my friends was helping another person and he suddenly shouted "thats jacked up!" while laughing, evryone cracked up, including the teacher, and it turns out his battery showed nothing while being full! rotflol someone fell over and evryone had tears in their eyes so the anotherone says he wants to see how long he can spin until he pukes, and im not going on till later, hands shaking as i try to type... :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
beardie osk":16hspoye said:
Did anyone answer these?

#1. The wind
#2. An earthquake or Tornado
Only sad and pointless quesses

The second is not so drastic.... #2 is "Time". :)

Nice try though. :D

@RolandKyramere, I would die if someone asked if I was creating Twilight fanfiction. I write my own silly little stories (random ramblings of a 14-year-old trying to make a novel, but it gives me writing practice!) and I would have slap anyone who asked if I was making Twilight fanfiction. Seriously, it's overrated. I loathe Twilight. How are these teens going to mature? They'll be crazy people forever! And don't even get me started on these stupid teen idols (Miley Cyrus, anyone?). :banghead: Perhaps you could add some sort of adjective to 'Twilight' to make your title different? :dontknow:

Bottom line, Stephenie Meyers totally ruins the concept of vampires.... I prefer the vamps that actually have fangs. Someone once said that Edward Cullen resembles a fairy more than a vampire.... and I agree :lol:

And this is precisely why I don't have friends.... :mrgreen:

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom