Pointless and sad posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
No problem Articgirl, I was just checking, b/c I couldnt understand what it was if it wasnt a phone (or a door as someone else said), just wanted to make sure I wasnt loosing it! LOL

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
nah jiffy you had it right the pictures distracted me from your post :3

btw the new riddle is pointlessly:

A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

You will sentence me to 6 years in prison!
And in case I got it right:
My voice is tender, my waist is slender and I'm often invited to play. Yet wherever I go I must take my bow or else I have nothing to say.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Alright, I've pointlessly got not one, but two riddles for everyone.
Voiceless it cries,
Wingless flutters,
toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

and
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

I am pointlessly drinking hot chocolate that I pointlessly put a teaspoon of cinnamon into, and it pointlessly tastes very yummy!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
somebody likes jrr tolkein! :mrgreen: I won't answer, because those are too easy for me! Sadly, I love to read too :mrgreen:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
AngelicCacophony":2i4b12o8 said:
My voice is tender, my waist is slender and I'm often invited to play. Yet wherever I go I must take my bow or else I have nothing to say.
I would have answered VIOLA because that's what my daughter plays... call it a violin, she'll give you the hairy-eyeball-of-death look :mrgreen:

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
blondie098":1ubbvpun said:
somebody likes jrr tolkein! :mrgreen: I won't answer, because those are too easy for me! Sadly, I love to read too :mrgreen:
Nice to find a fellow lit nut! Yeah, I'm a huge reader, and I'm in the process of writing a couple of novels. Actually trying to publish soon, we'll see how that goes. And I'm going to hopefully be doing a presentation at a national convention about the merits of Fantasy literature in the world of school. Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
blondie098":2qk7gcxu said:
AngelicCacophony":2qk7gcxu said:
I would have answered VIOLA because that's what my daughter plays... call it a violin, she'll give you the hairy-eyeball-of-death look :mrgreen:
Hahaha! I'm a music major, and one of the first things you learn is NEVER to call a viola a violin. Get a section of violas together and things begin to look veeeerry scarrrry, lol :lol:
*I play clarinet and saxophone, string instruments scare me....

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
RolandKyramere":mxcnqjnj said:
Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.
:shock: what?!? I seem to remember reading, back in gov't class in high school, about some freedom of speech thing? OMG this political correctness & lets not offend anyone mentality will stymie the world if continues... creative writing is just that: let the creativity flllllooooooowwwwwww!

Oh, and yeah, she's 12 but has that attitude about the viola already! When she slacked off and started fiddle-farting around with her private lessons, I went on eBay, bought a nice used viola, and taught myself how to play... just to challenge her! She was mad, because the couldn't allow me to be better than her. Problem was, viola is alto clef -- I play flute, piano, all C instruments... Alto clef really messed with my brain, bad. But I came up with a way to sight read her music by converting it numerically, and now I can sight read viola scores without messing up my treble! It works for me :mrgreen: and I can get her to practice by playing duets with her haa haa (ok, i know when she reads this I'll find a pickle in my pillowcase or worse)

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
RolandKyramere":x11kc6as said:
Alright, I've pointlessly got not one, but two riddles for everyone.
Voiceless it cries,
Wingless flutters,
toothless bites,
Mouthless mutters.

and
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

awnser time :3

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
blondie098":3fay9rmm said:
RolandKyramere":3fay9rmm said:
Our university technically does not allow students to write fantasy for classes, which I think is completely bogus.
:shock: what?!? I seem to remember reading, back in gov't class in high school, about some freedom of speech thing? OMG this political correctness & lets not offend anyone mentality will stymie the world if continues... creative writing is just that: let the creativity flllllooooooowwwwwww!

Oh, and yeah, she's 12 but has that attitude about the viola already! When she slacked off and started fiddle-farting around with her private lessons, I went on eBay, bought a nice used viola, and taught myself how to play... just to challenge her! She was mad, because the couldn't allow me to be better than her. Problem was, viola is alto clef -- I play flute, piano, all C instruments... Alto clef really messed with my brain, bad. But I came up with a way to sight read her music by converting it numerically, and now I can sight read viola scores without messing up my treble! It works for me :mrgreen: and I can get her to practice by playing duets with her haa haa (ok, i know when she reads this I'll find a pickle in my pillowcase or worse)

Trouble clef is the devil! I play the viola too. I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just follow the stupid rules for switching between clefs. I'm working on this concerto right and it is so horrible about that I've actually considered buying a composition computer program just to fix it. I've actually had to figure out 1st position notes on the G and C strings, there are notes 4 ledger lines below the staff for no reason! I was like are you trying to fry my brain? It took me like 10 minutes to figure out what all the notes were.

I have a yearly evaluation tomorrow, and I am so unprepared for it. I've been trying to get sick or something. I've been extremely tired. I'm sleeping like a log 10 hours a night and I still feel like I could fall asleep at any point all day. 10 minutes of any activities and I'm achy like I've been working all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom