please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the water is clean and its a light mist it shouldnt bother his eyes. Mine get sprayed about twice a day and now they even open their mouths to drink from it!
Its a suggestion incase they aren't noticing the dropper. If any eye problems occur, although I doubt they will, then stop misting him by all means

Has he been eating regularly?
When hes in the bath rub his tummy a little to help his bowel movements.
Make sure the water is nice and warm and he is soaking in it for about 10-15 minutes.
And check the temps under his basking light, if hes eating well but not pooping then it may be because he isnt digesting the food properly. They need high temps to do that about 100-105 is fine i think thats the temp you had it at.
what substrate do you use?
like the stuff on the bottom of his tank. if its sand/wood chips/walnut shells tell me immediately

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Don't worry about the tail turning white, that is most likely going to shed soon.
Your UVB light, the Zilla T-50 desert series, please turn that light off immediately, if you have not already. It is probably the most hazardous light to date. It emits very low wavelength UVB that is borderline UVC. It is a damaging light & there have been deaths associated with the use of this light.
Here is a report for you to read regarding the photokerato conjunctivis that he could get with the continued use of this light.

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

I hope he is doing better today.

Tracie

atreyuhero4

Original Poster
i already told you he has hermit crab calci sand but its finer than normal and i feed him in a different tank also im getting a 55 gallon in about an house and im not going to put sub in that... call me crazy i think his uvb bulb is making him sick

atreyuhero4

Original Poster
tracie thank you i turned his light off about an hour ago sence he was fine untill i started using it he seems more awake now and had 3 crickets today

As Tracie just said, its a dangerous bulb to use.
In the first reply to your question I said to replace the bulb, go to petmountain.com :)
Its speedy delivery.
The REPTISUN 10. (NOT reptiGLO) is the best one to get.
Turn it off for now, its best to have NO UV from that light for a few days than to have it on at all.
Keep feeding the calci supplements until you get the bulb.
Or Arcadia D3 10%.

atreyuhero4

Original Poster
i dont have any money for a bulb right now im spending the rest of the money i have of that tank also what kind of bulb is it i dont have a thing to put flourescent bulbs in only light things for coil bulbs

The bulb is about 20 dollars, and is extremely important to have for the dragons, even more so than the viv right now. If you could hold off on buying the tank for a few days or so and get the UV sorted first then im sure your beardie will benefit from that greatly.
The bulb is a flourescent tube, which is probably the only way your dragon should be getting its UV anyway. Coils and compacts are usually a no-no.
Its about an inch in diameter.
The bulb I bought here in the Uk came with some plastic clips, which you just clip on to the bulb and then screw the clips into the side or the roof of the tank at a good distance away from the dragons, about 6-8 inches.
If the bulb doesnt have these, they are easy to find from Walgreens or Walmart and the like.
Flourescent tubes are everywhere and you should easily be able to find a fitting method for a dollar or two :)

atreyuhero4

Original Poster
ok thank you ill ask my mom if i can get the bulb when i get the calcium powder stuff i hope my beardie gets better soon i miss him running around

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, please do ask your mom if you can get that light. It really is very crucial to his health, long term. Without UVB, he cannot absorb his calcium & he will eventually have more health problems in the future which will cost you a fortune in vet bills. So, this is much cheaper to just get him a bulb now, so he wont get metabolic bone disease later.

I hope he is feeling better soon. Is he eating much today?

Tracie

atreyuhero4

Original Poster
im about to order that bulb you guys want me to order but i need to know what watt to get the choices are 18" 15 watt, 24" 18 watt, 36" 30 watt and 48" 40 watt please the faster you reply the fast i can order it this will be for a 55gal tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom