please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Some of my eggs are turning a bright yellow and even translucent looking.
I think there done for but unsure??
Wy would this happen and what is it that is happening?

Thanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It seems like they don't have enough moisture. What are the conditions in the incubator?
Temperature?
Humidity?
What substrate are the eggs on in the incubator?
Are you sure they are even fertile eggs?

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Humidiy is fine.
Temp is fine.

They are on perlite in a home made incubator.
Yes there fertile.

Not sure whats up there just looking real bad,even have a gaze of slime on some :(

Maybe not enough air exchange?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I recently made a home made incubator too. Can you tell me exactly what you did, maybe that could be the problem. Also, by fine, could you actually tell me what the temp and humidity is? Fine doesn't really tell me what i need to know.

If you could tell me everything about the incubator you made, when the eggs were laid, where they were laid, how long they were laid before they were in the incubator, and anything else you think could be useful we might be able to find out the problem and find a solution.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I used a plastic storage been with water and bricks at the bottom to set my plastic containers of eggs on.
Its warmed with a fish tank heater and stays at 85 degree's and 80% humidity.

The eggs were laid in a seperate cage of damp sand on June 15th and put in incubator right away.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, i have never heard about using perlite as the substrate, but is the perlite damp enough? like when you pinch a small amount in between your fingers do a 1 or 2 drops of water come out?

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes its good.

I dont think its a moisture thing if anything there's too much.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have adequate ventilation in there? I would personally lower the temperatures to 83, as 85 is borderline for temps.
Is there condensation dripping onto the eggs?
The humidity should be around 80% or so. Other than that, those are the only changes I would make.
Did she have a calcium deficiency problem? If they are turning yellow, they sound like they are going bad for some reason. Do they look thin?

Tracie

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes,,there were thin spots here and there on the eggs before incubation.
They are done for i believe. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, yeah, if they are that thin then the eggs most likely are not going to make it especially if she had any calcium problems previously. Are they looking the same today then?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom