please help. weird stuff on dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jggoodyard

Hello. My bearded dragons name is toothless.

To get started I noticed that she had been staying in her cave more. I just thought this was cause of the seasons and how cold it was. She would still eat and get in the light but then I noticed she wad not pooping. So I tried to check what was wrong and when I picked her up there were these marks and rashes all over her! I gave her a bath and she pooped but the rashes are still there. Some are sensitive to touch and I think they are burns from the rock she usually sits on. I had changed the bulb cause another went out. But I took the rock out.

I can't post pictures on my phone bit.
Around her arm pits its red and the scales look withered. scattered on her belly are black spots on her scales, these are not her normal pattern. She is not showing her stress marks and she is active but it looks bad..

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :(. So you use a heat rock? If you do get rid of it ASAP. Do you have a thermometer? You should be keeping the basking area at 100+ depending on the age of your beardie. I would put some Neosporin on the burns so they don't get infected.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
The thing with your Beardie not pooing was most likely to be impaction. This is quite common with Bearded Dragons. This can happen with too big foods or harder foods. Things that can cause impaction are meal worms and Morio worms. If your substrate is sand or woodchip, Beardies can accidently swallow these (especially sand) when eating things like crickets if they are on the substrate.
You can notice impaction when they eat, but don't poo (just like you said). Giving them a bath often helps clear impaction which happened so your Bearded Dragon is clear from that. Sometimes you can give them a gentle tummy rub in the bath to help if the bath alone does not help. Sometimes impaction can get worse and if a bath and tummy rub does not fix this, it is worth taking your Bearded Dragon to a vet. They don't often get worse than that though.

The red marks and rashes are most likely to be burns. Maybe have a log in there for your Dragon to bask on instead of a rock so that it can't burn itself. Just like the others have stated, take your Beardie to a vet straight away.

Hope I helped :)
~Abi

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As suggested, removing any heat rocks will help. If the areas are raw, you will want to use soft towels in the tank so that he doesn't hurt himself on any loose substrate & it doesn't get infected.
Using neosporin or polysporin will help out in case it is getting infected. How bad is it, exactly?
If she is impacted, you can get some sugar free apple sauce or some canned pumpkin & mix it with some squash baby food & a drop or two of olive oil to help along an impaction. Maybe she is a bit dehydrated from brumating?

Tracie

jggoodyard

Original Poster
Hello everyone thanks for the help. It turned out to be mites. I'm getting her treated and she is looking better already thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardeddragonmrkiwi
Top Bottom