Please Help: Diagnosed with Fatty Liver Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

belber095

Original Poster
She spent a lot of the day sleeping, or with her eyes barely open. They appear very sunken in. I tried to get a quote on hospitalizing her today but i was told they’d need to call me back, and they never did. I’m not sure what else I can do besides hope for the best.. but it doesn’t seem like she’s doing well at all. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated /:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ooh no, I am sorry she isn't doing well. Is she staying overnight at the vets?
Has she been holding down her food?
I would request some milk thistle medical grade strength from the vet if possible to help
with her liver. Poor thing, it sounds like she isn't holding her hydration very well.
Getting some fluids into her intramuscularly would be helpful. They can do that at the
vets also, if she isn't staying overnight or for a couple of days.
If you aren't already doing so, keeping her around 80 in her tank at night can help to boost
her immune system also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

belber095

Original Poster
Drache613":5s8m1zet said:
Hello,

Ooh no, I am sorry she isn't doing well. Is she staying overnight at the vets?
Has she been holding down her food?
I would request some milk thistle medical grade strength from the vet if possible to help
with her liver. Poor thing, it sounds like she isn't holding her hydration very well.
Getting some fluids into her intramuscularly would be helpful. They can do that at the
vets also, if she isn't staying overnight or for a couple of days.
If you aren't already doing so, keeping her around 80 in her tank at night can help to boost
her immune system also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
CHE is keeping her nice and warm at nice. She is keeping down her food, but now she is limping too.. I’m not sure what happened, she was running around the other day.

belber095

Original Poster
The vet found some time to get her in tonight. I decided to take the treatment on at home as opposed to hospitalizing her. In addition to her thyrotab, lactulose, l-carnitine, and critical care, she is now taking an oral b12 vitamin, a calcium injection, and an antibiotic injection. When we were there, her limp turned into tremors, which the vet declared to be due to a calcium deficiency. She is not limping anymore now. She is perkier than before and I am trying to stay as optimistic as possible. Here’s a photo of her after her critical care, already acting a little more like herself. I asked about milk thistle, and she said she would look further into it and get back to me. The help and support is much appreciated. I’ll keep you guys posted with her progress.
91378-5008204295.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl, but it sounds like she may be feeling better. I thin that is very likely she has some
type of calcium deficiency. Oftentimes when they develop a health condition the body isn't
able to absorb crucial nutrients needed so they can develop deficiencies.
I am sure that they will be able to provide the milk thistle, too for her. Keep us posted on her.
Is she home with you now?

Tracie

belber095

Original Poster
Drache613":pjkvjvcc said:
Hello,

Poor girl, but it sounds like she may be feeling better. I thin that is very likely she has some
type of calcium deficiency. Oftentimes when they develop a health condition the body isn't
able to absorb crucial nutrients needed so they can develop deficiencies.
I am sure that they will be able to provide the milk thistle, too for her. Keep us posted on her.
Is she home with you now?

Tracie
She is! She already looks so much better today, I’m elated. She also seems to like the veggie CC much more than the carnivore one.
91378-6404094617.jpg
91378-6355776102.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry I missed your update! That is terrific she is looking better, she appears comfortable in
the pictures you posted, too.
I bet she does like the critical care better than the carnivore care. So, she is more willingly
eating that for you now?
I hope she continues to improve now, let us know how she is doing.
I'll be thinking about her.

Tracie

belber095

Original Poster
Drache613":12isx849 said:
Hello,

Sorry I missed your update! That is terrific she is looking better, she appears comfortable in
the pictures you posted, too.
I bet she does like the critical care better than the carnivore care. So, she is more willingly
eating that for you now?
I hope she continues to improve now, let us know how she is doing.
I'll be thinking about her.

Tracie
This morning she seemed better than I’ve seen her in months. I gave her a bath, and I guess she got a little overexcited, and started gulping down water right away. I was getting a towel ready for her for later and didn’t see she kept drinking, and I guess at some point she inhaled water. She was gaping and very black, and kept making a coughing sound. I held her upside down and got most of it out, but now her neck under her beard is a bit saggy. Is that something I should be concerned with? I read on this forum that I should raise her temps and encourage her to sit at a decline, so she did for about an hour. She seems alright now, but I just want to make sure I can’t do anything more to help. I’ve attached a photo of her beard below.

Aside from this little mishap her treatment finally seems to be working. She isn’t quite eating the CC willingly, but she certainly isn’t giving me as much trouble.

91378-6484283842.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's so nice to read about her progress, I know you're just thrilled. :) As for the aspirating water, just watch that you don't see her coughing, wheezing or making popping noises. Hopefully she'll be fine.

belber095

Original Poster
AHBD":37cpwtkv said:
It's so nice to read about her progress, I know you're just thrilled. :) As for the aspirating water, just watch that you don't see her coughing, wheezing or making popping noises. Hopefully she'll be fine.
I am thrilled! It’s a great feeling knowing I’m actually helping her. No noises! She is extremely perky and seems quite happy today. Going to get her an assortment of insects to see if I can coax her into eating on her own this week. Here’s the happy little lady:
91378-5536681963.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She does look quite happy there! I am glad to hear she is eating more of the critical care
then, she does need that.
You can be proactive & keep her warmer in her tank at night, around 80 or so. That could
help boost her immune system to ward off infections.
Maybe she will eat some bugs this week too! Definitely keep us posted on her progress.
It looks like she is feeling pretty good now. :D

Tracie

belber095

Original Poster
This morning she got excited after her bath and darted off of the counter and landed belly down on the tile floor.. she ran away immediately and seems ok... She hasn’t fallen since she was small and light, so I’m a little worried. How would I know if she cracked a rib or has internal injuries?

belber095

Original Poster
Update: she has started eating a larva every few days, which is more than she’s eaten on her own in about a month, so we are making slow and steady progress. She certainly seem alert as well. She is still on all of the same meds as before, and I’ve followed up with my vet about milk thistle, still waiting to hear back from her. I’ve been giving her about half a teaspoon’s worth of cc/day, and she seems less bloated and more energetic at this dosage, but I’m not sure if it’s the correct one. I’ve been mixing it with a bit of pedialyte, l-carnitine (when it’s the herbavore CC), some butternut squash baby food, and some warm water, and serving her ~8 mL per feeding twice a day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry I missed your last update.
Goodness, how far of a fall did she take? Is she still walking around normally? If she was
becoming lethargic, had a black beard, wasn't moving much or had blood in her stool that
was a bright red that would or could indicate injury.
That's great she is starting to eat more now & getting better. I'm happy to hear she is alert
now & taking her supplements like a champ, too! LOL That's really good news she is looking
less bloated too. You can continue giving her the baby food with the herbivore care too if it
seems to be helping her right now.
Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom