PLEASE HELP! At my wits end!!!! EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, i was really after some sound words of advice here!

I have gone away for a weeks holiday (well staying with my parents) and after a very bad experience with the 'kennel' at the pet shop Gizmo has come with us. I got the largest storage box i could (28"x16x16) not the biggest i know but its only for 6 days, her lights and timers all came from her normal home. Well she has been super active, very white which is lovely, but she hasnt eaten in a week now. She does this sometimes, and the vet thinks its some kind of hormonal phantom pregnancy thing. Any way, her fat pads are really depressed, and she is loosing a little weight (that could be due to all the running around).

I have managed to get some citical care formula from the vet down here, but i just dont know what to do, she paces the room all day every day, climbing the walls and curtains! its like shes got spring fever in the summer? we went through this when she came out of brummination, but didnt think it would happen again!

Does anyone know what i can do to get her eating again? Her temps are 105ish on the basking spot, and 75-80 on the cool side. Measured with a temp gun. I had to put chicken wire over the cage to stop her climbing/jumping out, but she just cliimbs on it, or jumps up and batters her head on it!!

I dont want her to hurt herself, and am getting a little paniky as this is the first time she has come on holiday!!

Cheers in advance!
Buggsy

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I dont know, but it could just be relocation stress. That will change activity and eating habits.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
She has a very creamy belly, and is showing lovely happy colours! Very funny! lol I guess i will just give the critical care formula for a few days!

Thank you
Buggsy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think simply because everything is completely different, she just might not eat. I would continue giving the critical care right now just to get something into her. She should be fine, especially since she is not really showing any signs of stress.
There is just so many new things to look at!
That was nice you took her holiday with you! :D

Tracie

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Its been really nice! my two year old neice is amazed! and the family always thought of her as 'the lizard' but now know her as we do- a spoiled princess!!

I said i would see how she goes when we get home and if she still isnt eating after a week i would take her for a check up (will have been 3 weeks without food!)

Thank you all for the advice! And i will keep you updated about the journey home and hopefully her first meal!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, just keep us posted on her! I hope that she adjusts with no problem & just has fun on her little holiday away with you. :blob5:
That is so sweet & thoughtful of you to take her with you & not leave her behind. I know she appreciates that.
Did she eat today?

Tracie

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well after the 5 hour journey home she is back in her own home!! She hasnt eaten, but spent the whole journey looking at the cars go by (we did get some funny looks!). Oh 89 degrees outside, but we still had the heating on for madame!! such a spoilt little thing!

She popped straight into her cage and ran around kissing everything as if to say 'ah home!!!!' Hopefully after a good night sleep and familier surroundings she will eat! i think the worms are feeling safe as the keep trying to escape!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well still no food, so i started mixing her calcium powder in the crit formula. I did catch her digging, so i poped the lay box in and shes giving it a gool old dig now. If they lay eggs up to 4 times a season, maybe she will go throught this cycle a few times too!!

Lol she does love to make me sweat!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Glad you got home ok with her. Hopefully she will be eating you out of house and home soon!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
OMG!! just checked on her as she was really battering her head into the lay box, and two slightly yellow/orage eggs were there to greet me!! i have read this is what duff eggs are supposed to look like, but im so shocked as i felt nothing!!

I have put her in a massive box now with lots more sand/soil (it was 7" deep) so she can make a nice tunnel. I know to give her lots of protein and calcium, is there anything else i should know! it is so nerve wracking! :|

Help!

A worried Buggsy!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
How is she doing now?
I have never dealt with egg laying, so cant give any advice, but figured I would at least reply to your post. Hopefully someone can help.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thankyou! well after i put her in the bigger box she stopped digging and just tried to get out, so i gave her a bath, cleaned her up. She has eaten 4 supers, and she is now basking! hopeully after a good nights sleep she will eat more?

I thought they layed lots of eggs? should i be expecting more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom