PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!! SNUGGLE ME MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So like any normal household, we have a couch that is right near a window. Rael loves to sit on the back of the couch and just look out the window for hours if I let him. So it's just like any normal day, I just pop him on the top of the couch and sit down to turn the TV on. Then all of a sudden he does something really weird. He hunkers down flat on the couch, and he gets this almost terrified look on his face. He goes from bright orange to black within a minute. :shock: As I move to pick him up, he is slowly, ever so slowly inching himself closer, with terrified eyes on me, not even paying attention to the fact that he is almost falling off the couch. I look out the window and up in the sky but can't even hear or see anything. So I of course grab him, he precedes to snuggle as close to my neck as he can. THEN I see that devil plane far off in the distance. I can't even imagine how he even saw or heard it. Poor baby, it took me a good 15 minutes to calm him down. He looked so pathetic and scared. I would have thought it was just a fluke, but today he preceded to do the same thing as a plane flew over again... Squishing down into the couch and slowly making his way towards me with that wide eyed look. It took a long dancing session and a good 15 minutes of, awww whose a brave boy ?!?!?! whose a brave boy?!?! while petting him for him to calm down again. My poor baby...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awwwww!!! Rael sounds just like my Pookie when he was a baby. Pookie was terrified of planes. He doesn't even need to see them - just the sound of a plane flying over the house would freak him out.
Thankfully, Pookie outgrew the fear of those devilish planes and now he'd sit in front of the window, on top of the couch, for hours.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He isn't much of a baby anymore, he's a year old now and still needs his mommy to scare away the evil plane. :roll: This usually involves mommy doing some very embarrassing things just to get back his color.
Yes he is adorable :love5: . I'm not going to lie, I was really happy when I saw him creep over to me while he was so scared. He needs his mommy still to ride in and save the day. :D

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
haleygirl272":e6ad1 said:
That's ADORABLE! Little army crawl over to you! That's so cute!

All that was left was him to do was a beardie 007 role...I can hear the theme music now...

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
That is too cute.
How lovely that she comes to you for protection. That bond is so wonderful.

Holly

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I wonder if they think the plane is a big loud bird that wants to eat them? It is so rewarding when they look to us for protection. "Mommy the supper hero will save me!" It just shows that he is smart because there is no one in the wild to protect them, so it can't be instinctual for him to seek protection from you.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Wiggles used to do that as well or run and hide if we weren't close, when we lived in Leeds (and living where they flew over regularly) he would hear so see them well before i did

now we live up in Scotland the only planes we get around or is the occassional fighter jet practicing manovers you rarely see them and the sound isn't quite the same a normal planes, although the sound may startle him if he's out

erdeem

Hatchling Member
The weather this weekend is so nice, so I took Bill out in our back yard for the first time.... She react to every sound, movement, and PLANE. She run frantically and hide under my leg. It happened more than once, so funny...! :lol:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:love5: As of 2 minutes ago, I had a similar experiance. I'm sitting on my livingroom couch, which is against the window, and Budo is perched on my shoulder looking out. He just saw a plane and did the same thing! It was so cute!!! He ducked down between the couch and my shoulder (he doesn't love me enough to snuggle). Awwwwwww, I see what you mean, it is so sweet!

Menolly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
herpfreak":24be1 said:
:love5: As of 2 minutes ago, I had a similar experiance. I'm sitting on my livingroom couch, which is against the window, and Budo is perched on my shoulder looking out. He just saw a plane and did the same thing! It was so cute!!! He ducked down between the couch and my shoulder (he doesn't love me enough to snuggle). Awwwwwww, I see what you mean, it is so sweet!

I know! It makes mommy feel needed. :love5: The only reason I got a snuggle at first was because he was just to lazy to move from my warm neck to find a place to curl up and nap. Now he has to know where I am all the time. It's fun playing hide and go seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom