Picky beardie only wants freshly molted dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

KendraA

Hatchling Member
Anyone else have a beardie who only wants to eat white, freshly molted roaches? Not a sustainable habit my guy is developing!

Adriana

My beardie, Dar, is soooo spoiled he will only eat the white dubias. I have to scavenge the freshly molted ones for him or he won't eat. Unbelievable. He runs after them immediately and devours them the second he sees them. As for the brown dubias... He just pretends not to see them, or looks at me like, "Really? I'm not eating that!" He thinks the freshly molted white ones are soft and succulent, like vanilla pudding... Nom, nom! He has me well trained!

Gail

BD.org Addict
Try putting a small blob on calcium on the brown ones. My dragon has a thing with white objects and if he gets picky about dubia, a quick sprinkle of calcium always get him going after them. He will often leave any behind that don't have enough dust on them.

KendraA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, tricking him by dusting the dubia white worked, and now he is back to eating all of them!

mommacude

Hatchling Member
I'm so glad I saw this!. I recently started giving him the molted ones because he's not full-grown and I didn't want to give him the ones that were too hard. Now he seems to prefer them! I don't have that big of a colony yet and I'm having to dig through them to find the white ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom