Phoenix worms vs. Dubia roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am Sammys dad and I am getting tired of crickets. Crickets are the only thing I can find localy but they are a pain in the neck because they die to quick and they stink. I was considering to change to roaches or phoenix worms but I want to know wich is better for my dragon. Please I appreciate any information that anybody could give me.

"Beardies are the best friend of man"

Best regards,
Chris jackson. :idea:

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
sammyjackson":4988f said:
Hi,
I am Sammys dad and I am getting tired of crickets. Crickets are the only thing I can find localy but they are a pain in the neck because they die to quick and they stink. I was considering to change to roaches or phoenix worms but I want to know wich is better for my dragon. Please I appreciate any information that anybody could give me.

"Beardies are the best friend of man"

Best regards,
Chris jackson. :idea:
here you can check out the facts i have on my site. the worms are a little better but the cost is just outrageous, i would recommend you mix it up a little. dubia is the best roach you can buy and it want hurt your pocket. i feed dubia and super worms as a stable and once in a while i will add in some wax worms and phoenix worms for treats. if you want more info on what people think about dubai you can check out this thread i started there is about 100 people on here that have posted positive remarks on them if you have any questions about them feel free to post your questions on there or email me anytime.
take care and good luck making your mind up
Jason
http://theroachguy.com/new_page_1.htm
posting.php?mode=edit&f=18&p=694439

GreenEyes

I haven't tried the PW with Falkor yet. But he goes absolutely nuts for the Dubia's. He follows my hand around until I drop the roach. He'll even eat it off of my finger. He's never went after a crick with have as much gusto as he goes for the DR's

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
We were doing phoenix worms when we first got Vijah. Locally I can get 100 pw's for $9.99. You can get them cheaper through Mulberry Farms (I think almost 1/2 that price), but shipping high. My problem with the pw's is that they are small, and pricey. We were using medium sized so they are a bit under 1/2". If you have an adult dragon you can see that they could easily eat that tub of 100 quickly. For some reason Vijah grew tired of them so we began searching for another feeder.

By starting a dubia colony you can have a never-ending supply of food on hand. The frustrating part with dubias is the wait time for them to increase their numbers enough for you to feed out of. If you are interested in them get started immediately and buy as many adult breeders as you can.

We now use dubias (only for special, special, special) treats since our colony is very young, and turks. I despise the turks. But, turks are cheap and Vijah likes them.

billybobboonbear

Hatchling Member
it does take a while for dubias to get going, but if you take care of them they explode. i have twice as many as i need now. they are the best pet i own. next to zero care, interesting to watch, and never escape. and my lizard loves em.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
I love my roaches. Got them from http://www.theroachguy.com and am happy as a clam. Not only are they great feeders, they are interesting animals as well. Even though we feed off them, the roaches have become pets to me. I just love them. Check out theroachguy.com's site for more info. Going roach is the best thing I have done in a long time. In fact, after getting roaches I find I am better looking, have thicker fuller hair and have become increasingly attractive to the opposite sex. :D Try roaches, you won't be sorry.

Eric

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
augsburg1530":be9c0 said:
In fact, after getting roaches I find I am better looking, have thicker fuller hair and have become increasingly attractive to the opposite sex. :D Try roaches, you won't be sorry.

Eric

lol if this where true the price of my roaches will be going up lol

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
augsburg1530":6bbeb said:
In fact, after getting roaches I find I am better looking, have thicker fuller hair and have become increasingly attractive to the opposite sex. :D Try roaches, you won't be sorry.

Eric

Eric, you crack me up!!!

sammyjackson

Original Poster
Hi,
I am really exited because today I ordered my roach kit from Theroachguy and I cant wait to start with them. I also did it because I would not mind a little bit of attention from the ladies because I am bold and not attractive , so Eric I hope you were right . So thanks again for the info. I got from everybody and Jason for the roaches....

"Beardies are men best friend" :D

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
sammyjackson":c7374 said:
Hi,
I am really exited because today I ordered my roach kit from Theroachguy and I cant wait to start with them. I also did it because I would not mind a little bit of attention from the ladies because I am bold and not attractive , so Eric I hope you were right . So thanks again for the info. I got from everybody and Jason for the roaches....

"Beardies are men best friend" :D
Good job man and welcome to the roach world, if you have any questions you know you can always ask me or the many others on this site for help.
Glad to do business with you and your little friends will be on their way Monday.
Take care Jason

sammyjackson

Original Poster
I am really happy with my new Dubia roaches starting kit. I got the zoo med heating pad to keep it in the right temp and right now the tote is in the porch closet with the right temp. aprox. (90 F). The deal with my wife is to move it inside the apartment in the winter and keep it outside in the hotter months. Thanks again for the roaches(Theroachguy) and just to let you know I used the roach chow with the crix and they love it also, so I will be ordering more of that. My kids went crazy with the roaches so now they have a pair of roaches in a 10 gallon tank as pets in their bedroom. It's funny because my friends say that they are trying to get rid of their roaches and I am breeding them, and my answer is I'm crazy about roaches SO WHAT!!!!!.

:D

Dmatt

My girls love the PWs! They are very expensive though. My male won't even consider , go figure.

We just started our Dubia colony today because they are great feeders and will eventually cost us nearly nothing.

Go ahead and breed buggies. You won't be sorry.

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
sammyjackson":370c6 said:
I am really happy with my new Dubia roaches starting kit. I got the zoo med heating pad to keep it in the right temp and right now the tote is in the porch closet with the right temp. aprox. (90 F). The deal with my wife is to move it inside the apartment in the winter and keep it outside in the hotter months. Thanks again for the roaches(Theroachguy) and just to let you know I used the roach chow with the crix and they love it also, so I will be ordering more of that. My kids went crazy with the roaches so now they have a pair of roaches in a 10 gallon tank as pets in their bedroom. It's funny because my friends say that they are trying to get rid of their roaches and I am breeding them, and my answer is I'm crazy about roaches SO WHAT!!!!!.

:D
sweet man so all worked out and the wife is not kicking you in the butt good job. also i see you got the zoo med heat pad great choice for a single tote if you ever need anything you got my email and now i can say welcome to the roach addiction you’ll be hooked in no time. sound like the kids already are which backs up my statement i made a few moths ago dubia colonies is today ant farm.

Eric you will still have those few out there in the world in ten years hanging on to the crix totes with those little pine tree air fresheners hanging for the totes to keep the smell down while saying how nasty roaches are :? go figure lol
you guys have a great football weekend GO GIANTS

sammyjackson

Original Poster
I have a question, How long does it take for the roaches to start breeding? I only gave one to my beardie and he loved it . I'm still using crix but I cant wait to start with the roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom