phil and larry/help, need answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules1962

Hi we have just lost 2 beardies in a matter of days, the first one seemed to have a 'slossy' stomach and on burying him he leaked from his mouth then last night the other one died aswell we have no idea why they both died within 2 days of each other they had been fed locusts on sunday eve then crickets anybody got an ideas???? RIP Larry and Phil.....

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I moved your post from the Memorial forum to here so that people could respond and hopefully you could get some answers. In the Memorial forum, no-one can respond to the posts.

I'm very sorry to hear about your 2 beardies, that must have been extremely heartbreaking for you. To try to help you figure this out, we will need to ask you some questions, if you don't mind, I hope it isn't too painful for you. :( How long had you had them and roughly how old were they? Were they housed together and did you get them both from the same place? Were either or both of them lethargic or act like they were in pain a few days prior to their deaths by having dark beards and/or tails?

Could you fill us in on the setup(s), what brand UVB did you have and was it a coil, compact, strip fluorescent or mercury vapor bulb? How far away was the UVB light when basking? What were the temps and what type of thermometer were you using to check them, a type of stick-on thermometer, a temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a probe on the end? What type of substrate did you have on the bottom of the tank(s)? If the last time they ate was Sunday night, how much time did they have to digest the roaches and crickets before their lights were turned out for the night?

Not sure what you meant by a "slossy stomach", could you be more specific? When you said that the first one that died "leaked from his stomach" was it clear fluids? I had an adult pass away about 2 mos ago and there was a small amt of clear fluid that had leaked from his mouth so I'm wondering if that is normal.

Hopefully with your answers, we will be able to help you figure out what might have gone wrong. I know, it's very hard not knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom